This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somehow its our fault

A few days ago I had a "lady" call. In reality she turned to be as dense as the day is long.

She had sent a product back a few weeks back and hadn't been refunded yet. So I pull up her acct and see that the item hadn't been received yet. Now a lot of the items we sell often include a shipping label and the shipping is deducted from the refund. The order also includes a return address label if the customer choose to pay for shipping up front. The item in question only comes with a return address label.

The SC has ordered and returned with us before. She is aware of what the return shipping label should look it. She had already called and had been told that didn't come with the return shipping label because this item is going back to the vendor.

So by this point I have figured out that she paid her own postage and told her to hang on to her receipt it the return is delayed longer and that it should have a tracking #. SC states that she never got a receipt as she just dropped that package in drop box for shipping.

That's right ladies and gents. This genius stuck a sticker on the box that had only her address and the address of the vendor. No postage paid.

So I break the news to her that the postage wasn't paid and that a few things could happen. The item would be sent back, it could be lost, or the vendor would be billing her for the shipping. Either way it was out of our hands.

SC then decides that it is all our fault. It is our fault because the tracking # when it was shipped to her wasn't correct and because the receipt never said she had to pay her own shipping.

I pointed out that in this case it is just an address. There is nothing printed on the sticker that would prove postage is taken care of.

I finally told her I could transfer to customer service and she could request an extension of her return, but there is no guarantee.
    She agreed and off she went, but I had to make busy on my phone and laugh quietly for a bit.
    The angels have the phone box.
Working...
X