This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just give us a second, lady

We have a special on M & Ms; it's a 2 for something or other. We were out of the pretzel kind. So this lady comes to my line and is explaining this as she hands me a bag of the pretzel kind, which I don't realize is the wrong size. She wants a raincheck, and no one has put out a raincheck ticket pad, for whatever reason. My immediate thought is that they can't be rainchecked, but I will check. All I need is our item # and I can punch it in. So I take the bag she's handed to me (thinking we just had the one left and she'll come back when we hav more) and proceed to look up the item number. OK, so I misunderstood, but at this point she's agitated in re-explaining, and almost snapping at me. So I call to the salesfloor to get the number so I can print a raincheck and now she's so agitated that she's saying, "humph, well, it's on the shelf". Now I'm getting annoyed because I can't send my eyeballs to the candy aisle to look. That's why I asked N over the walkie to do it. Well, I guess he was taking too long to find her chocolate-covered crack, so she went back there. Ugh, just let us do our job. When she comes back I ask if he found it and she just says, "I don't know. We want to buy this now." As she pays N prints a raincheck and I have to thank him because she's too busy harumphing. And N is always so helpful to customers. She acted like he was stupid. It was like dealing with an addict.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Good grief! The stupidity that the human race is capable of never ceases to amaze me.
    "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
    "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

At least that particular SC didn't call you all a bunch of "lazy asses" because it took so long.

Which is what happened at the swamp last night. Guy needed to exchange a defective piece of furniture. We had that piece of furniture pulled for him with a hold form on it, but the person helping him couldn't find it at first. Turned out it was someplace nobody would've bothered to look. So he called us all a bunch of lazy asses on the way out.

Heh, it takes all kinds of people to make a world I guess.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        So he called us all a bunch of lazy asses on the way out.
        I hope that was while he carried his own darn furniture out to the car. Cause a comment like that would make me lose enthusiasm for helping him.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Heh, it takes all kinds of people to make a world I guess.
          I think the world could do with a few less of the sucky kind.
          Last edited by Dave1982; 08-19-2011, 08:12 PM. Reason: please do not quote the entire post
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

My SC as thinking it, Irv, but didn't say it.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
            X