This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plan ahead! and other tales

So, I live in Central PA. There is a MAJOR event going on in the area. A MAJOR event in it's 65th year. An event so MAJOR that a top cable sports network is covering it.

Yes, it's time once again for the Little League World Series.

Which means, hotel rooms are at a premium.

So, for those of you deciding to take a last minute road trip to NY, or Boston from say Chicago or Cleveland, if we aren't sold out, you will be spending an arm or a leg for a mid-scale hotel (you'll need both for an upscale one).

Seriously, the number of people who are exasperated because we don't have a room, or are shocked that are rates are pretty darn high is ridiculous.

Sorry...

[Background]
    Most people who work/have worked in a hotel are at least vaguely familiar with a form of payment known as Corporate Lodging (CLC). Businesses pay a fee to CLC, and in exchange they get a card that allows them to get a really good rate on a hotel room. The rates are negotiated by individual hotels, and we send the bills to CLC who then bills the customer. The agreements vary from hotel to hotel some are required to sell any available (ie: Unreserved) room to a CLC guest. Our agreement allows us to refuse CLC if we have less than a certain percent of rooms available.
    [/Background]

So, I had a guy come up to me first thing in the morning the other day, and ask for contact info for our manager. He was turned away the night before because he wanted to pay with CLC (which was $100.00 UNDER our room rate) and was upset that we still had rooms, but wouldn't sell him one (using the logic that "isn't it better to sell a room instead of leave it vacant"). When I tried to explain the policy, and that management would tell him the same thing (ie: not if there is a darn good chance of getting more than you would pay), he left in a huff.

I gave our manager a heads up. Her response was "too bad, so sad."

Did I mention that we sold out that night, even without their help.

I need a drink

We have a group of bikers who are in about 4 rooms total. They were complaining yesterday that the Lounge wasn't open, because they specifically chose to come here because we have a Lounge. Today they complained again, this time it was that the Lounge didn't open 'til 7pm. They thought, since it was a lounge, it should open at, like, 4pm. So, they want to complain to management about that.

Just a whole lotta fun,

SC
    Last edited by BroSCFischer; 08-19-2011, 10:22 AM. Reason: Correcting typos
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
    They were complaining yesterday that the Lounge wasn't open, because they specifically chose to come here because we have a Lounge.
    So, they did enough research to know you had a lounge, but couldn't manage to take that one additional step that would have told them when it was open? Idiots.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      So, they did enough research to know you had a lounge, but couldn't manage to take that one additional step that would have told them when it was open? Idiots.

^-.-^
      Not only that, but on Wed. they were told when Lounge would open, and there is a huge banner with that info on it on the wall by the Lounge, and they still were complaining it didn't open any earlier.

SC
      "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Working...
      X