This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost in the mail? totally my fault

I sold a dress and casual wear to a lady and mailed it a couple of weeks ago. My car is not running, the transmission is shot, so I have to rely on my husband to drop off packages on his way to work or my Mother in Law to come and get them and drop them off when she is out doing errands. A pain for me and for everyone else. And of course they don't understand the need for keeping track of tracking numbers and receipts so the last few weeks I have not been able to keep up my records like I usually do. And of course this lady has not received her dress yet I have been answering her messages and fretting about it right along with her. After all if the customer does not get the product then I don't get referrals or repeat business and lose money. So I am not gonna cheat someone and not send out a high price item. So then all of a sudden her sister sends me a rude message demanding to know why I did not send her sister her package and why I am avoiding her and not answering her messages. I told her I don't know where she gets that idea but I have answered every message and that the last message on our whole list of messages if from me to her. She then tells me about how her sister is so upset and has been crying over this whole thing and how I shouldn't have cheated her, and so on. I try to explain about me not being able to do the drop off and after it has been sent it is out of my hands. And that I told her sister that if it still was not there by tomorrow I would totally remake the order and send it out again Monday and make sure I got the tracking on it in case something happened to it.

She finally calmed down but her sister(the lady that originally ordered it) is still going off. I messaged her sister again and let her know that I would be remaking it this weekend and sending it off and just taking the loss. If it gets lost this time then I will have insurance on it and the post office can deal with it. She told me she was sorry about jumping to conclusions and the only reason she messaged me for her sister was because her mom told her to find out what is going on. That her sister is very upset and she is only 17. Oh. That explains it. Pair being a 17 year old impulsive teenager with being a crazy pageant mom, that is a recipe for sucky customer right there I totally understand now, lol. So I am pretty much going to ignore the person that ordered it ranting even though she is sucky and being a teen is no excuse. I can understand her being upset since it got lost and she doesn't have it but when I offer to fix it and take a loss you don't have to keep on and on about it.

That stinks. Stuff seems to go missing in the mail quite often these days; tracking and insurance is important to prove your case - I wonder if she just wanted to cheat you out of another dress? Heck, I once dropped-off a rent check to my apartment building in a box attached to the wall of their office and they STILL claimed they didn't get it. I'm convinced it's still stuck in that box and they'll find it in another couple of years.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I know, that is why I am VERY careful about keeping track of all my receipts and tracking numbers. Just in case something happens in the mail or if they try to say they didn't get it when they did and try to get a refund. Unfortunately when other people are helping you out they don't understand how important it is to you then something like this happens and you are the only one that has to deal with it

Comment

Personally, I'd let whoever mailed the dress off for you know how much extra work resulted in not having the tracking number...Might be a good example for next time.

Comment

Yeah, I totally read the thread title as Lost in the mall. I got all the way to the end of the OP and was scratching my head going "What's this got to do with a mall?". Then I reread the title.
          Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
          X