This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The almost throwdown and how to piss off dragon_wings

Today some of my customers almost threw down.
    Cast:
    Me: your tired cashier
    C: coworker
    AR: one of my awesome regulars
    L1: one of the ladies involved
    L2: the other lady involved
    JA: the villain of this piece
    RB: random bystander that witnessed the events then engaged in our conversation

So I'm about to go to lunch so C's comes up to the backup register.
    As I was finishing up with my current customer my line is L1, AR L2 and then JA.
    When a cashier opens up the backup register it's standard to say 'Ill take the next customer in line.'
    So JA goes over to backup and L2 sees there's two other customers in front of her and encourages AR and L1 to go to backup. Seeing the disaster about to happen I literally turn away...
    L2: Excuse me, they were in line in front of you, they should go first.
    JA: Nah-uh! (not really what he said but it could have easily been)
    AR and L1 both come back over to my register which works out fine since they both want cigs.
    JA and L1 both get their items and leave.
    As I'm ringing up AR and making small talk (I recently dyed my hair and when I change my hair she always tells me what she thinks, her honest opinion.) she's commenting about how manners seem a thing of a past.
    RB is pulled into the conversation by now and L2 is being taken care of at backup.
    AR is pissed off and she says she's glad she reined in her anger or she would have continued to argue with JA.
    AR, RB, and I have a brief discussion on how people are so damn rude anymore. L2 leaves but stops and agrees. By now I've rung up and finished with both AR and RB so I go on my break.
    But the fact that I could see what was gonna happen right before it happened didn't stop me from having to witness it. Damn. I hate conflict.

How to piss of dragon_wings
    Both of these situations are via phone. They are just a few of the situations that piss me off.

1) Congratulations. You've managed to pick up the phone, dial the number to my store, and reached me. Problem: you want the pharmacy, and I'm the main cashier. This means you called the store and either listened to the *whole* recording without pressing the buttons or you pressed 2 when it clearly says (I know this cause I call several times a week, mostly when I open and have to be let in by a manager before opening.) 'Press 1 for pharmacy, press 2 for the rest of the store.' So you can't follow instructions?!

2) (This is kinda related to the situation above.) When you call my store and get me on the phone please, please, please just get to the damn point. Chances are I have a line at my register, and if I'm on the phone I can't give my customers in store my full attention. And if the customer in front of my has a question they either have to wait till I'm done talking to you or I have to divide my attention (which I hate cause I'm a crap multitasker to begin with).
    Examples:
    Me: Thank you for calling <my store>, this is dragon_wings. How can I help you?
    SC: Hi. Um. Well. I need to know that price of... Um. Um. <insert random item> (of course there's a lot more pauses and 'um'ing')
    or
    SC: <1 minute long tale of woe>.... So I need to know if I can <finally the point of the call> (one minute might not sound long but if I have customers in front of me it's an eternity.)
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever
Working...
X