This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always Losing my Grip

Gonna keep this short... a Guidette jersey shore reject lady (orange, wrinkled skin, fly shades, painted on eyebrows, collagen lips, SHORT shorts) came in.

She was looking for a softball bat for her son. She told me it needs to be an ASA "Metal bat" so I hooked her up with a 13 dollar Easton Hammer, thinking it was a simple bat. She keeps talking over me telling me she needs a "37 inch bat" even though softball bats are a max of 34". She keeps accusing me of "tellin her she's wrong"

Now, her son comes in as soon as she drops 13.90 cash for the bat. He's telling me it's all wrong and I'm somehow blamed for picking out the wrong bat for him by his guidette mom. He picks out a bat that's already on clearance from 260 to 229. The whole time she's asking me if she can get a better price, talking over me, not letting me think, agitating me, poking the bear over and over. She told me to "call daddy for a better price".

Now, we do haggle from time to time... or, well, price adjust if we feel it's fair. I was obviously agitated by her repeatedly startling me and agitating me that I started to lose my grip and dissociate, biting the inside of my cheek to stay grounded to the moment. I called dad to see if I could match prices and she just kept saying "WHAT YOU STANDING LIKE THAT FOR? THATS BODY LANGUAGE! YOURE ANGRY! WHY YOU ANGRY! WHY YOU SO ANGRY" which just makes it worse for me once you piss the tiger off.

Then she started demanding I call other franchises to get her the price of Worth bats, I told her we probably had a few used ones in the back rack... before I could offer to investigate she started barking on "WHATS THIS PROBABLY STUFF? PROBABLY? WHAT ABOUT YOUR OTHER STORES! YOU CALL THEM."

Her sons were actually terribly embarrassed. They were happy I matched the price and quiet, very nice, apologized for their mother but I'm still shaking and angry. I just hate being condescended to, and when I'm put in a deer-in-headlights situation I flip the shit out. It's not the right way to react, but damn. DAMN.

That's when you say "You can go straight to K-Mart."
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

The instant she starts yelling I would tell her to shut her yap and download some professionalism. Otherwise she can go to *insert name of cheap bargain store* and be a skank.
      Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

If you're not held to franchise regulations, the moment she starts yelling, it's out the door with her.

There's no call for that sort of behavior, and "bitchy shrew" is not a protected class.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Pretty sad when the kid apologizes for the parent being a complete ass in public .
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

That's a case where I'd be wanting to demonstrate the awesome hitting power of the bat in question, with a few well-aimed swings to her skull. THEN you can give her a nice discount on account of it being used and bloody.

Comment

I kept waiting for the part where you lost your sh*t and took the bat to her. Good on you for not doing so! Although, sometimes I believe that every time we push the desire to react to a sucky customer down, we shave a bit of our sanity away...

Comment

Oh, man-as soon as she started in on that "WHY YOU SO ANGRY" bull, I would have just told her that her blatant stupidity is the reason I'm so angry, and if she doesn't like it she can take her dumbass self someplace else.

People just drive me straight up a wall sometimes.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                  That's when you say "You can go straight to K-Mart."
                  Or to WallyWallyWallyWallyWallyWally WORLD >_>

(If you have no idea what I'm talking about...consider yourself very, very, very lucky. Google at your own risk)
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Clover View Post
                    Oh, man-as soon as she started in on that "WHY YOU SO ANGRY" bull, I would have just told her that her blatant stupidity is the reason I'm so angry, and if she doesn't like it she can take her dumbass self someplace else.

People just drive me straight up a wall sometimes.
                    I kind of hissed out "Guueeesssss" between my teeth but that was the extent of it.

Also, I wanted to sell the bat to get to 1,000 in sales for the day. It's my dad's shop so I kind of feel obligated to make him money. I probably would've acted differently if her sons weren't making me feel a little better.

She was demanding i call all of our other stores to find out if they had x or y bat because "Dicks will do it" Bitch, Dicks is a chain with a national inventory database! No

Comment

EricKei, I know exactly what you're talking about. That is disgusting that i even know where that was filmed. I'll just go sit in a corner and whimper quietly and think of my happy place now, thanks. LoL!!

But really, I would have lost it if she was screeching at me like that.
                      there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                        Or to WallyWallyWallyWallyWallyWally WORLD >_>
                        Oh, for the love of GOD, NOOOOOOOO! Have mercy on my brethren and me, I beg of you!

Comment

Working...
                        X