X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Collection

Been collecting these.

What's Rude Now?

Guy comes up and gets a scratch-off lottery ticket. Scratches it. Puts it on the counter out of the way but kinda behind some stuff like people do when they're trying to hide their messes.

CW: Is that a dud? I can throw that away for you.
    SC: I'm gonna throw it away.
    CW: Okay, I was just offering.

Then he stares at her after she walks away from him like he's a freaking serial killer, seriously it was the creepiest stare. Finally he gives me the thing to throw away and I do. He gets another and then goes over to a different counter and after it's all scratched he leaves it there and comes up to the counter.

Me: I can throw that other one away for you.
    SC: I'M GONNA THROW IT OUT, FUCK!
    Me: Uhhh...
    CW: She's just offering because THERE IS NO GARBAGE CAN ON THAT SIDE OF THE COUNTER.
    SC: WELL I WAS GONNA THROW IT OUT.
    CW: WHERE?!

Then she turns around shaking her head, he throws the ticket at me which I catch and throw away and continues to stare at her back. When he turns that creepy stare to me I just stare back (I must have a creepier stare I'm pretty sure because he very quickly left.)

Bad child...Bad...

Woman pays for a boat load of candy with all that's left on her Food Stamps card and her child is wandering about around her touching everything. As she's paying ALL IN CHANGE for two packs of cigarettes every so often she breaks off, gets to her kid, hits his hands and screams "NO" at him. He was touching a lot of stuff but he wasn't being destructive as far as I know (I couldn't really see him). I mean...I guess she was trying. She seemed a little...out of it. I guess motherhood didn't really suit her that well because all the candy kinda seemed a little like a bribe for him to behave. I guess it was the wrist slapping and the screams of "NO" that kinda shocked me the most.

It's better than the lady who full-on slapped her bratty teen in the face so hard she staggered backwards...but then...that teen kinda deserved it.

Phone Cards...again...

It's a bitch to cancel printed phone cards. It really is. So when your phone cards total to 108 and you only have 105 I'm going to look at you like you're really dumb (and you know you are) and FIND you THREE DOLLARS out of ANYWHERE. DON'T DO IT AGAIN.

Money Orders

The other day a woman gets a money order from a lotto payout because we can't pay over a certain amount in cash. We can't cash money orders at our stores but we can print them (I don't care about the logic that goes with that, it's just how it is.)

Woman won't take CW's word for it so CW has to come interrupt me while I'm stocking the cooler and tells me she's throwing a fit. No lie.

SC: I want cash for this.
    Me: We don't have the authorization or procedure methods to cash money orders. We can print them but we can't cash them.
    SC: Well I got this HERE.
    Me: We can't do anything about it.
    SC: THAT'S BULLSHIT. I WANT CASH FOR THIS SO WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?!
    Me: All I'm authorized to do is tell you to go to a bank.
    SC: THIS IS BULLSHIT. *stomps out*

Her kid was with her. Nice parenting.

Idiots...

The other day I chased after a drive off that was an older style vehicle that was white with [State] plates that started with [XXX]. I called it in that way, blah blah blah.

Yesterday I look out after turning a pump on to see a guy in the driver's seat and another guy pumping gas with his hand on the passenger's side door. Nuh-uh. I ain't playin' these games. Especially since it was an older style white car with [State] plates starting with [XXX]. See where this is going? I stop the pump almost RIGHT AWAY so they get just over a gallon of gas. Guy pumping hangs up the pump, looks in to see me standing there with my hand on my hip, talks to driver. They back into a space, come in, and pay for their gas.

As driver is paying he mumbles kinda off-handedly: "I'm...uh...glad you...uh...stopped the pump...'cause...uh...I didn't have that much." (He paid me four dollars, three ones and a bunch of change probably scrounged from the car.)

Yeah RIGHT. First of all you knew I stopped the pump and the pump didn't stop itself so you knew I recognized you from a few days before so now you just put the nails in your own coffin and you better not be coming back. Genius.

I wonder if the drive off idiots didn't realize that you'd caught the basic details of their car, and thought they could just come back for more free gas?

That's the only theory I can come up with, why they'd return. You'd have to be stupid to rip off the same place twice, especially if you were aware someone had at least gotten some of your info.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
    X