X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And speaking of entitlement jerks

Another day in the cable industry..

Me: Thank you for calling Aperture Cable, how may I assist you?
    SC: Yes, I will speak with a supervisor now.
    Me: I’m sorry to hear that you feel you need a supervisor, sir, I have your account
    here, is this Entitlement Jerkoff?
    SC: Yes, that is me.
    Me: And if I could have some information, please? What’s happening that you feel you need to speak to a supervisor?

Now mind you, I’ve gotten calls like this before, mind you. Usually after some horrendous issue has been fixed, or a real or imagined slight has gone unresolved

SC: A supervisor needs to tell me what they are going to do to keep me as a customer and why I should continue to use your company.
    Me: may I ask what caused this, sir? Did something happen?
    SC: No, I just feel that you don’t value me enough, and as I work for the city, right down from the cable commission, you need to treat me better.
    Me: Okay, I’m sorry to hear that you feel that way, sir, however I can tell you that this is not a situation that warrants a supervisor. We do have a department that you can speak to, but they are closed on Sundays, you would just need to call back during the following hours (I give him the hours, tell him EXACTLY how to get to our retention dept)
    SC: Fine, you can have a supervisor call me back tomorrow at 5:30 exactly (completely ignoring everything that I’ve just said)
    Me: Again, sir, a supervisor will not be able to call you back for this type of situation, they are extremely busy, and we have a department that handles that - I give the info again for retention.
    SC: *annoyed sigh* Fine. What is your name again? I need to tell the director of the cable commission so that he can report you to your company corporate managers.
    Me: That would be Redbeard, sir, and be sure to include how I am following company policy exactly.
    SC: Whatever. You do realize that I work for the city? And that I know that head of the cable commission?

I'm still trying to figure out why this matter to me at all. the cable commission has no power over the companies as long as they follow the law. I get the feeling that this SC was the type of child who was constantly yelling "I'm telling teacher!!" straight up though whatever college he went to

Me: Yes sir, you’ve mentioned that several times. If you still want to talk to someone about your account - And I give the retention info again, stressing the days and hours that they’re open
    SC: FINE. Have THEM call me back at 5:30 tomorrow.
    Me: I’m sorry sir, as I’ve said before, you need to initiate contact with them, and again here are the days and hours of operation.
    SC: I AM GOING TO REPORT YOU, “REDBEARD”. (You could almost hear the quotes, as if I’m giving him a false name. It was awesome)
    Me: When you do, sir, be sure to let them know that I have followed company policy to the letter. Was there anything that I could help you with at this time regarding your account?
    SC: *CLICK*

That was sucky alright.
    I'll bite, exactly what did this SC want?
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

He wanted us to take us services, which were ALREADY under a new customer discount, and discount them even further, otherwise he'll take his ball and go home.

Comment

Gee, I've played the "reduce my rates or I'm outta here" card twice before with my cable company (with complete sincerity), but I knew right off-hand to request the retention department, and I wasn't an ass about it.

SirWired

P.S. I didn't do this just because I'm cheap... they increased my rates for broadcast-only cable (as in, the channels I can get for free with a pair of rabbit ears) from $12 to nearly $20 a month, and my broadband from $40 to $55. I dropped the TV entirely, and they happily agreed to give me the internet for $30 a month for a year just for asking. I do not think *BLARGLE-MUMBLEFRATZ-OMG-WTF-BBQ!!!!!* would have worked as well.

Comment

That's what most people don't get...
          1. The rates get raised when the channels raise their cost. You seem to get that, which makes you awesome
          2. Being in the industry of working with the public, we all here know that going all blargety on someone means that they will drag their feet to help you, and even if you DO get a concession, it will be 10 times better if you get said concession for being polite and reasonable.

Of course, if more people thought that way, we wouldn't be venting on here, now would we? :P
          Last edited by Redbeard; 08-22-2011, 01:33 AM.

Comment

I'm betting this entitled twat wanted to get something for nothing by using the "gimme a supervisor!!!11!!" and the I'm a big shot customer and you should be kissing my ass card.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I hate people like this. I remember once when a customer called us and griped that he had been a regular advertiser for 15 years, "and I've never gotten anything for free!!"

Oh cry me a flippin' river.

I transferred him to a supervisor, can't remember if he ever got anything. We did have some fun talking about sending him some of the crappy pens we had, with the company name printed on them (they were so bad that people used to chuck handfuls of them in the garbage straight from the box so we'd "run out" and have to order good ones).
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I love how he claims to "know" people...IF that were true, why the heck isn't he calling THEM??

And....just because I need to get this out of my system ^_^...

~~ Aperture Cable....We do what we must because we can...~~

There. All better now. Thank you for your kind indulgence
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Yeah, and kept trying to name drop on me. "I'll just go have lunch with the head of the cities cable comission tomorrow, and I'll mention YOUR name"
                  Awesome! If I'm ever in need of a job, I can go apply with him and remdind him that Mister Jerkwad gave me a glowing review on sticking to my guns and keeping to company policy in the face of overhwelming ass hattery

And besides, what is expecting a city cable commsion employee to do? Call up the office of a multi billion dollar coproration and complain because an employee is polite to a customer making unrealistic demands? The fiend, I say!
                  Last edited by Redbeard; 08-22-2011, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Quoth Redbeard View Post
                    Yeah, and kept trying to name drop on me. "I'll just go have lunch with the head of the cities cable comission tomorrow, and I'll mention YOUR name"
                    Awesome! If I'm ever in need of a job, I can go apply with him and remdind him that Mister Jerkwad gave me a glowing review on sticking to my guns and keeping to company policy in the face of overhwelming ass hattery

And besides, what is expecting a city cable commsion employee to do? Call up the office of a multi billin dollar coproration and complain because an employee is polite to a customer making unrealistic demands? The fiend, I say!
                    How about putting in a complaint to the entitled jerk's superiors...shine a little LIGHT on his behavior?
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Nice pwnage; he gave up. Also, I like that you use words like "blargety" and "fiend".
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Yeah, it's great to be able to tell the customer you're doing exactly what you have been told to do when they get sucky on you...I usually have to word it carefully but at least I know if my call is graded I won't get points of for not following our SOP
                        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Wow, just... wow

I think this guy's taken stupidity to a whole new level
                          'Luck, you are Awesome and Full of Win' ~ Jay 2K Winger

'Lets be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed' ~ Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                            I transferred him to a supervisor, can't remember if he ever got anything. We did have some fun talking about sending him some of the crappy pens we had, with the company name printed on them (they were so bad that people used to chuck handfuls of them in the garbage straight from the box so we'd "run out" and have to order good ones).
                            Years ago I quoted a project to a contractor for $15,000.00. He told me he could send me a PO if I could do a little better with my pricing. I sent him a new quote for $14,999.99. He called and asked me if this was a joke. I told him that the job costs what it costs but if DID do a little better on the price.

He actually wound up laughing and sending me the PO.
                            You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Quoth Redbeard View Post
                              Me: Thank you for calling Aperture Cable, how may I assist you?
                              Just wanted to let you know that I love that name.

Quoth EricKei View Post
                              ~~ Aperture Cable....We do what we must because we can...~~
                              *giggle*

Quoth sirwired View Post
                              I dropped the TV entirely, and they happily agreed to give me the internet for $30 a month for a year just for asking. I do not think *BLARGLE-MUMBLEFRATZ-OMG-WTF-BBQ!!!!!* would have worked as well.
                              I got that from my ISP, a while back. I called up, let them know that new customers were getting awesome deals, and wanted to know how I could get an awesome deal, too. So they put me back on contract with an awesome deal.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X