X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You, DON'T Come Again...

Here's a few I forgot to post earlier.

Answering Blindly

CW: Is your order correct on the screen?
    SC: I don't know what you said, but the answer is no!
    CW: So, you're order is wrong?
    SC: What?
    CW: I asked if your order was correct on the screen.
    SC: Oh! I thought you were trying to sell me something else! Yes, it's right.
    CW: But you just said it wasn't right, so something must be wrong with it
    SC: Err...well....um.....you see....I..just....
    CW: It's best to know the question before answering.
    SC: ......It's right.....

Creeeeeppyyyyyyyyy

So a guy comes in and the whole time he is ordering, he's looking at me with that wide-eyed, goofy grin type creeper look. He never blinks...not once. I'm starting to get physically uncomfortable and can't look him in the eye for long, but I'm still managing to stay polite and keep smiling.

Creep Level: 3

Also, he keeps reading my nametag and addressing me by name.

"You look pretty today...KIISSAAAAA!"
    "Why thank you...KIISSSAAAA!"
    "Here you go...KIISSAAAA!"
    "How are you...KIISSAAAA?!"

Creep Level: 4

"What are you doing here...KIISSAAAAA? You usually work closing shifts after 8pm at the drive thru!"

That creeped me out. How the hell does he know EXACTLY what hours I work?!! That means he's been watching me and keeping track of when I normally enter and leave work.... Ok...that's too much creepy for Kisa!! HIDE ME!!!

Creep Level: 7

Then, he starts awkwardly winking at me. I say "awkwardly" because it looked like when little kids are trying to wink and have to fight to keep the other eye open.

Creep Level: 8

I start helping the next person in line and avoid his gaze as much as possible. I can still see him staring at me from the corner of my eye.... He gets his food, but doesn't leave. He doesn't move or say anything until I finish with my current customer and glance in his direction.

Creep Level: 10

CG: *leans over* Bye Kiissaaaa! *creepy wave*
    Me: Eheh...bye. *waves*
    CG: *walks slowy backwards to the door* Byyyeeeeeee *still waving*
    Me: Um..bye!
    CG: *still backing and waving* Byyyeeee Kiiissaaaaaaa!
    Me: *wave*
    CG: Byyyeeeeee heheheh! See you sooooooonnnnn Kiissaaaaaaa! *still backing...and waving*

Creep Level: *ERR* Unreadable Off The Charts
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

Any chance of talking to your manager in order to get creepy guy banned?
    You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

You should at least be able to say that you don't want to deal with him.

Comment

You have the right to deny service to anyone. You can deny him service for being a creep.

Comment

Maybe see if any cops patrol the area, give them his description, and ask that they keep an eye out for them when they pass by on night shifts. The fact that he knows when you work at night and WHERE in the store you usually are is flat-out Creepy Stalker behavior.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
            Here's a few I forgot to post earlier.

Answering Blindly

CW: Is your order correct on the screen?
            SC: I don't know what you said, but the answer is no!
            CW: So, you're order is wrong?
            SC: What?
            CW: I asked if your order was correct on the screen.
            SC: Oh! I thought you were trying to sell me something else! Yes, it's right.
            CW: But you just said it wasn't right, so something must be wrong with it
            SC: Err...well....um.....you see....I..just....
            Yep, another SC off in their own little world, who can't be bothered to read signs or listen to the peon wearing the nametag. You PWND that dumbass!

The other guy...yikes. How can anyone possibly think that kind of behavior is acceptable?! Definitely tell your manager about him and ask what to do. I hope management lets you refuse to serve him. Perhaps have one of the guys walk you out to your car when your shift is done?
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              Yep, another SC off in their own little world, who can't be bothered to read signs or listen to the peon wearing the nametag.
              I hate to say it but I was a customer in a store a few months back and...

Cashier: Hi! How are you today?
              Me: A carton of Marlboro Red. Wait! Uhm...I'm fine. Thank you. How are you doing?

At least I caught myself and the cashier almost broke out laughing at my last minute fumbling.
              Last edited by Caractacus_Potts; 08-23-2011, 02:16 PM.
              You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
                That is epic...I think I love your coworker...
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  Maybe see if any cops patrol the area, give them his description, and ask that they keep an eye out for them when they pass by on night shifts. The fact that he knows when you work at night and WHERE in the store you usually are is flat-out Creepy Stalker behavior.
                  Sounds an awful lot like that to me. DEFINITELY discuss this with management. I say this guy may not be far from trying to follow you home, let alone catch you after work.

Talking to the police might not be a bad idea either. Laws concerning stalking depend on the location, so inquire as to what LEGALLY constitutes stalking in your area.

SC
                  "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Have you read "The gift of fear" by Gavin De Becker? It reminds us why we need to pay attention to our intuition and how to stay safe.
                    Your story may not have such a happy beginning, but that doesn't make you who you are. It is the rest of your story who you choose to be. So who are you? - Kung Fu Panda 2

Comment

Your first story reminds me of something that happens all the time at the c-store. It's a little something like this:

ME: Anything else for you?
                      SC: Yes
                      ME: *stares blankly, waiting*
                      SC: *oblivious*
                      ME: *decides they're a moron* Alright well your total is $x.xx...

Yeah. Know the question before you answer!
                      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Working...
                      X