Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kids on a Cell, Expensive Dinners, and an Idiot. ( Mind Warping Version)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids on a Cell, Expensive Dinners, and an Idiot. ( Mind Warping Version)

I have just worked what could've possibly been the worst night of my life in the 2 years I've worked at Whiskeyclone. I am about to cry at the moment as it was that bad. Three seperate stories, three seperate headaches. I would post all the SCs I got, but 3 really stuck to me.

5:30 PM Location North VIP with red carpet treatment. Kids and Cell Phones
    Me: CS's Resident VIP Tamer *cracks whip*
    Mom
    Annoying 10 Year old child who won't stfu. In ()

This was a slow build-up to the horror that was about to unleash itself on me, a woman with her children pull up and then...

Mom: Excuse me, where can I find my spot? *Shows me her pass*
    Me: Okay, you'll pul- (Annoying 10 year old: And we're going to a Cheez-Whiz game and we've got good seats)
    Me: pull in and then (We are also eating at Whiskeyclone and- cue more child talk)
    Me: You will go there and your spot is there, please leave the pass on the dash please.

Throughout the whole 30 second exchange, the mother did not tell him to be quiet, I just know he will be one of those cell phone gabbers when he grows up.

Expensive Dinners
    6:32 PM

A little backstory: The area I was at has two barrled off sections, one section is to not be removed under any circumstances unless stated otherwise, it's been like that for as long as I've been there.

Dickweed is the nickname for this guy (DW). My thoughts will be in Italics.

I'm standing around looking pretty when DW pulls up to blocked off spot, I beckon him over and he obliges when suddenly.........

DW: Hey, why can't I go in there, I always go in here!
    Me: Oh great, here we go. That is to not be removed no matter what happens.
    DW: Really? I've got news for ya buddy, I'm a season ticket holder, I'm here every game, you're not! I know what ticks around here and I have always been let in through there.
    Me: Sir, I am here every game also but in different spots and I do know that the barricade we have set up is not to be removed.
    DW: Look ArenaBoy!!! (I hate it when they put that emphasis on your name like it's supposed to scare you.) I am here all the time and you aren't. You want to bet an expensive dinner over this!!!
    Me: Buddy, I've been to NYC and you wouldn't know expensive if it bit you in the butt *I'm restraining myself from laughing, I'm a college student and I'm poor as hell.* Sir, I'm a student and I can't afford a trip to Panera.
    DW: *Looks at me, drives off.*

As he walked by, he gave me a dirty glare. Me being the sarcastic ass that I am, I put on a shit-eating grin and loudly say "HAVE A WONDERFUL NIGHT SIR!!!!!!" I even did this: He asks my boss' name, I give it to him and just laugh it off.

This killed my braincells and I actually cried at the amount of stupidity, if you wish feel free to turn back, if not YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Next to me, is a plaza, basically a sidewalk and obviously you're not allowed to park on the plaza. I'm standing there when I notice a car pulling up now this stupid idiot is probably related to Jester's Upstairs Man, only dumber.

Me: Uh, ma'am, you can't park here. STUPITIDY BEGINS

IW (Idiot Woman): Why not? (She asked why she couldn't park in a plaza because I don't know, THERE'S PEOPLE WALKING ON THE DAMN PLAZA!!!)

Me: Ma'am, this is a PLAZA, pedestrians walk here meaning you cannot park here.
    IW: I don't see the big deal.
    Me: IT'S ILLEGAL!!!!!!
    IW: So?
    Me: Because it is a hazard, and if you do park here you will get towed. Go that way please.

The scary thing is, she came back AGAIN!!! And the same argument ensued.

After the 1st time, I weeped for humanity, literally. I had so many SCs I feel like just hiding underground and retaining what little brain cells I have.

Rant over, I feel so much better now, this site is awesome and has been a life saver for me!
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

with the nonchalant response to the getting towed part, i would have let her park there and get it towed. but then again, with her being like that she seems like a person to raise hell about her car being towed.

Comment

Hell, I'd volunteer to pull it for free. Van can pull a 32-foot travel trailer, I'm sure it can pull a minivan. Can't say it'll be good for the drivetrain, though
      I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
      less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Quoth danegrous_21 View Post
        with the nonchalant response to the getting towed part, i would have let her park there and get it towed. but then again, with her being like that she seems like a person to raise hell about her car being towed.
        I probably would have as well. The city just *loves* towing the cars of idiots. Not only do the cops come and issue a ticket, but the car goes to one of the city lots, leaving the idiot driver with not only a *huge* bill to get it back...but one from the towing company as well
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
          The scary thing is, she came back AGAIN!!! And the same argument ensued.

After the 1st time, I weeped for humanity, literally.

What did you do after the second time? Take the tiny little shotguns away from your remaining braincells?
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

If she was warned the first time, the second time should have been your cue that she WANTED to get towed. Use your phone, take pictures, call the police\tow company.
            Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

Seriously. It sounded like someone needed a trip down the Karma Slide.
              Saving the planet and everything on it is certainly a daunting task; but see, push has come to shove...Let's roll.

- Inga Muscio

Comment

Quoth Kilamon View Post
                If she was warned the first time, the second time should have been your cue that she WANTED to get towed. Use your phone, take pictures, call the police\tow company.
                My thought too.

Tell her that you need 30 seconds to call a tow truck. Then she'll owe at least $100 to get her car back.

No arguing, no explaining. Just tell her the facts of life.

Remember those no parking signs in NYC -- "Don't even think of parking here"? You parked there and the city all but promised they'd tow you.

You need a verbal version of that sign.

Comment

Quoth ToasterQueen View Post
                  Seriously. It sounded like someone needed a trip down the Karma Slide.
                  The Karma Slide just happens to be an attachment for my

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

For some reason, all this talk of Karma Slides, and people chippers made me think of that Playdoh thinger with all the squish out shapes and attachments that my mom would never buy me.

There's got to be some psychological insight in that somewhere.....

At least I'm not seeing Charles Manson in a picture of Jesus Christ.....
                    ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
                    X