This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
    We have had some serious torrential rain in my area of the UK over the past couple of days. Fun, fun, fun. The pub beer garden was also in the middle of a renovation, which has had to be halted because of the weather.

(snip)
    Methinks this bunch is NOT playing with a full deck.
    Last edited by MadMike; 08-28-2011, 10:50 PM. Reason: Please don't quote the entire post. We've already read it.
    Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Now maybe it's just me, or maybe I've heard it too many times, but my brain didn't fry at this one. I was just thinking I'd pay money to watch that.

As for the wet shopping carts...the ones complaining are always the ones who think that you should keep the other customers from taking the carts out in the rain with them when they finish their shopping...and then go and take their cart out in the rain when they're done because "OMG I have too many bags and can not be expected to carry them all to my car! I need a cart!" And it never occurs to them that this is why the shopping carts are all wet.

It's the same mentality that fuels the people complaining about how the motorized shopping carts for the disabled get left in the parking lot...and then take one out and leave it in the parking lot. ::sigh::
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Personally, I love the rain. Why? Well, it's liquid, it's not solid, it's not white, it's not real slippery underfoot, and, best of all, I don't have to shovel it.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          Personally, I love the rain. Why? Well, it's liquid, it's not solid, it's not white, it's not real slippery underfoot, and, best of all, I don't have to shovel it.
          Preach on, Ironclad!
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Makes me fell better about living in the US. It's nice to know that we're not the only country with complete idiots.
            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
              Makes me fell better about living in the US. It's nice to know that we're not the only country with complete idiots.
              No, but we do seem to have the greatest concentration of them.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I think I've posted this before, but it's worth repeating..

My wife has an Uncle that works at a country road department in Central Illinois. One really foggy morning from a small town in the county they received a call from an older woman wanted to know "What you are going to do about this fog. My Husband has a Doctor's appointment, and we can't drive until you do something about it"
                Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

LMAO. I can picture those herp derps staring at the sky with a wet cloth in hand in the pouring rain sooooooooooo easily as if I was right there with you. LOL
                  Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                  The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Reminds me of the old "weather wood" joke...which, iirc, I've also seen in real life:

Picture a flat hunk of wood with writing on it, hanging from the eaves of a porch. The writing says something like:

"If I'm dry, it's sunny. If I'm wet, it's raining. If I'm moving all around and hitting the wall, it's windy. If I'm gone, call the cops!"
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                      No, but we do seem to have the greatest concentration of them.
                      To be fair, we are one of the larger countries in the world, too.
                      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

As a transplant from Portland, Oregon in New Hampshire the people here are all reversed from Oregon. They will run and freak over a little rain, and refuse often to drive in heavy rain for it being 'dangerous' but will drive, and have school open with a foot or more of snow outside.
                        I really don't get it.

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                          To be fair, we are one of the larger countries in the world, too.
                          Maybe, but we here in the Netherlands have a denser population....And I never ever heard someone blame someone else for rain.

Then again.... We do have our local loco's

Comment

Wow. Just wow. This is a level of stupid thats so high I don't even know where to begin.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                              Why were the pub customers outside if it was raining? And maybe the Wallyworld customers expect the cart attendant to wipe down the carts. Ours do, sometimes, though they're not required to.
                              Some of the customers EXPECT us lowly cart-attendants to wipe down EVERY cart that comes in wet, but I don't bow to their expectations, especially on a day while working at a Supercenter with only one other cart-attendant scheduled with me at that time and having him being off at lunch. While I work nonstop at trying to clear the lot IN THE RAIN, I lack the time to make sure every cart is perfect for the whiny customers that are scared of having wet carts, but obviously not scared to drive over here and walk through the parking lot in such weather.

God, I wish they would all stay home in the rainy and snowy conditions, so I can actually have the TIME to wipe down the carts. Ugh.

Comment

Quoth Rumiel View Post
                                As a transplant from Portland, Oregon in New Hampshire the people here are all reversed from Oregon. They will run and freak over a little rain, and refuse often to drive in heavy rain for it being 'dangerous' but will drive, and have school open with a foot or more of snow outside.
                                I really don't get it.
                                Heck, right now we would love a little rain. But give us an inch of snow and it's "Snowpocalypse!!!"
                                That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Working...
                                X