This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Coffee Asshat

I don't post in here hardly at all. I haven't been in customer service for several years.

Nonetheless, I remember a particularly asshole customer I had in my brief stint as a waitress.

Picture it, it's a slow Sunday night at a truck stop-ish type of restaurant. It's actually a popular family restaurant around here, but the way they run the place and the clientel it attracted, I thought of it as a truck stop.

It's getting late, the host has already went home and it's slow, so the servers can take over seating duties.

In walks this asshole, who immediately ignores the "Please Wait To Be Seated" sign (OHHHH I hate that so much!) and starts walking to a booth in the smoking section.

I grab a menu and follow him, saying "Sir, are you sure you want to sit in the smoking section?"

He snarls, caught at his attempt to sit wherever he wanted, and it blew up in his face. "I don't wanna sit by no damn smokers!" and turns around and basically informs me with his attitude and body language that he's going to sit at whatever table or booth he wants, fuck my seating chart.

He sits at a booth across the way, and snarls "I don't need NO DAMN MENU! I just want coffee!"

I am already really upset at this point, so I get a fresh pot and a cup and bring it over to his table.

"Anything else I can get for you right now?" I am REQUIRED to ask, though I know more mental abuse is coming.

"I SAID ALL I FUCKING WANT IS COFFEE!"

Thankfully, minutes later, I was told I could leave. Why this asshole decided to bring his bad attitude to a restaurant and not just have coffee at home or stop by a gas station, I have no fucking clue.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Jeeez, I can get testy when I haven't had my coffee, but never that bad! What a jerk.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

OMG, there is not much more in this world that I hate more than self seaters with a shitty attitude.

I have dealt with this crap a lot when I worked at "merkins" (where you come in for a "yes")
      and I was constantly fighting the urge to pour the damn coffee over their freaking heads.

These assholes walk in with a chip on their shoulders ready for a fight... with their overinflated senses of entitlement, and bitch about everything, spreading their misery around, thinking their mere presence is some sort of gift to the staff.

Don't fuck with the people that make your food (or coffee!)

Comment

"I don't post in here hardly at all. I haven't been in customer service for several years."

((((Posts: 7,813))))

Wait, what?
        "Announcing your intentions is a good way to hear God laugh." Al Swearingen (Deadwood)

Comment

Quoth 2gigch1 View Post
          Wait, what?
          Ignore the little woman behind the curtain...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth 2gigch1 View Post
            "I don't post in here hardly at all. I haven't been in customer service for several years."

((((Posts: 7,813))))

Wait, what?
            I believe she means in this section, I normally see her posts in other sections of the site.
            I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
              "I don't wanna sit by no damn smokers!"
              aaaaaand we're done here.

I've walked guys for that, much less the "I SAID ALL I FUCKING WANT IS COFFEE!"

You don't get paid enough to deal with that crap.

Funboy doesn't like being walked? He can discuss it with Officer Friendly from the Anytown, USA Police Department.

Catering to guys like that sucks all the joy from the room, and pisses off every other paying customer in the building.

The minute Funboy said "I don't wanna sit by no damn smokers!" your manager should have stepped in and said, "Sir, do not swear at my staff" and when he argued (You know Funboy would have argued the point) your manager should have tossed him out, right here, right now, no foolies.

He can get his coffee somewhere else.
              I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

I know I can get bitchy when I get hungry and tired but not to that extreme. What a jerk.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth LadyKelli666 View Post
                  OMG, there is not much more in this world that I hate more than self seaters with a shitty attitude.

I have dealt with this crap a lot when I worked at "merkins" (where you come in for a "yes")
                  and I was constantly fighting the urge to pour the damn coffee over their freaking heads.

These assholes walk in with a chip on their shoulders ready for a fight... with their overinflated senses of entitlement, and bitch about everything, spreading their misery around, thinking their mere presence is some sort of gift to the staff.

Don't fuck with the people that make your food (or coffee!)
                  So sayeth my signature!
                  "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
                  -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Pardon my lack of clarity. I rarely start threads in this section, is what I meant to say. Unless I remember something of magnitude suckage from my retail and food days.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I was just browsing notalwaysright.com for threads I'd missed, and found this gem from months back, which seems apropos to the discussion:

(I’m working in a diner at the crack of dawn. A surly trucker sits down at the counter.)

Me: “Good morning, can I start you with something to drink?”

Customer: “Coffee. Now.”

Me: “I’m sorry, we’re all out of ‘coffee now’. All we have left is ‘coffee please’.”

Comment

^
                        ^
                        ^
                        ^
                        PWND!
                        "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
                        "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

Quoth TonyDonuts View Post
                          aaaaaand we're done here.

I've walked guys for that, much less the "I SAID ALL I FUCKING WANT IS COFFEE!"

You don't get paid enough to deal with that crap.

Funboy doesn't like being walked? He can discuss it with Officer Friendly from the Anytown, USA Police Department.

Catering to guys like that sucks all the joy from the room, and pisses off every other paying customer in the building.

The minute Funboy said "I don't wanna sit by no damn smokers!" your manager should have stepped in and said, "Sir, do not swear at my staff" and when he argued (You know Funboy would have argued the point) your manager should have tossed him out, right here, right now, no foolies.

He can get his coffee somewhere else.
                          If I remember correctly her "manager" at the time was a total buttmunch and both abused and allowed the customer AND coworkers to abuse each other. manager would NOT have been any help and most likely taken the SC side and then yelled at Blas
                          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                          X