This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concession Stand Jerks (long)

Hey, long time no post but I had to post this....

Hey all, in addition to my teaching job I work the concession stand at my high school football games, mainly since my wife's the band director........we played an old cross-county rival last night that we hadn't played in years (since they merged three high schools into one and they are 3x as big as us) and my school was beaten badly....typically the band boosters make $1,500 to $2,000 on a game but but last night we cleared $5,000 and until halfway through the 4th quarter (when we ran out of drinks, literally) we had four lines 20 people deep, and our stadium was filled (this has been the first time the old cross-county rival played at our new stadium since we opened the school in 2000). We have burger combos, fries, burgers, nachos, chicken strips, fried pickles popcorn, and canned sodas and water (we used to have a fountain but it was always giving us issues). Heck, people from the nearby factories come up at game time and get a burger combo to-go. That's how good we are! But Boy were some of those cross-county people RUDE! Here are a few:

* You and your brother at the start of the game, each paying for a single $1 pepsi with a $20 bill.......then getting mad when you tried doing it again at halftime and we refused. We are not a bank

* Again, we are not a bank......yes, you ordered $10 worth of food and paid with a $20 but I took great pleasure in telling you no, that you couldn't have 10 one's when you saw other cashiers asking for them!

* You, the jerk on your phone calling your friends in the stands asking what they all want, and holding up my line. I took great pleasure in making you wait

* You, the girl who kept changing her order and having the nerve to get mad at me when your chicken strips took 3 minutes......thank god that my students who were next in line put your sorry butt into place and told you to wait patiently and see how busy it is.

* You, the girl who after buying a pepsi with a $10 bill and seeing me ask around for $1's and then getting angry after I refused to do another transaction with a single pepsi and a $20 bill!

* We put pickles on the burgers and then put them in little bags and keep them in a warmer. Trust me, last night those burgers spent maybe 2 minutes at most in the warmer. But your little one hates pickles and you have the nerve to demand a fresh burger with no pickle contact when the line is 30 deep? Maybe if you were the only customer but with a line deep? Does this look like a burger king to you? You don't get it your way! Sorry, you lose!

* Yes, we ran out of cold drinks despite filling up BOTH coolers with sodas and water TO THE BRIM and we still ran out. This does give you the right to say *that's f*ckin bullshit!* when we announced it especially with little ones in earshot

Let me reiterate that each of these SC's was NOT from my school but the rival school. They have some serious entitlement issues it seems! Am I glad to be back and get that off my chest!

Don't you wish you had had a little sign that said all complaints could be addressed to 1-800-NO1-CARES?
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Honestly, we've never had a problem until yesterday..........

Comment

Dollar issues... I have a solution... keep a bag of dollar coins. Nobody wants them, but if they are really pressed to get change for $20s, they will have to take them.

Bet you don't get a repeat.

Comment

Quoth hornet95 View Post
          ...keep a bag of dollar coins...
          Use a strong bag... So it doesn't break when swung... or on impact.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
            Don't you wish you had had a little sign that said all complaints could be addressed to 1-800-NO1-CARES?
            That would be awesome!!!! Even better is if the number was like those rejection line numbers except it gives a message on how sucky the SC was and should learn to behave better with the message on how nobody gives a crap about their inane complaints.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Oooh... The rejection hotline people could totally put up a number with a Sucky Customer recording... I bet it'd be nice and popular, too.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Wonder what Gravekeeper's company charges for a couple of months of answering services and toll-free? Wouldn't he love being REQUIRED to tell people off for a client?

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                  Wonder what Gravekeeper's company charges for a couple of months of answering services and toll-free? Wouldn't he love being REQUIRED to tell people off for a client?
                  I fear his mental gears would be stript in short order by the rapid mental reversals required: Lines A, B, C, D & E I have to be nice. Line *F* I get to be honest.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                    Oooh... The rejection hotline people could totally put up a number with a Sucky Customer recording... I bet it'd be nice and popular, too.
                    Ooh, I'd love to see that!

"You have reached the Sucky Customer hotline. If you screamed at a customer service worker, press 1. If you paid for a cheap item with a $100 bill, particularly when the store had just opened, press 2. If you made a sexist or creepy remark towards a customer service worker, press 3. If you shoplifted or tried to scam the store, press 4. If you insisted something was on sale when it wasn't, press 5. If you made a mess and didn't tell anyone or clean it up yourself, press 6. If you went into an "Employees Only" area without express permission from the manager, press 7. If you did more than one of the above, please slam your head into the nearest wall until you are no longer capable of movement."

And then each number would take them to an appropriate message bitching them out over their idiocy.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                      Ooh, I'd love to see that!

"You have reached the Sucky Customer hotline. If you screamed at a customer service worker, press 1. If you paid for a cheap item with a $100 bill, particularly when the store had just opened, press 2. If you made a sexist or creepy remark towards a customer service worker, press 3. If you shoplifted or tried to scam the store, press 4. If you insisted something was on sale when it wasn't, press 5. If you made a mess and didn't tell anyone or clean it up yourself, press 6. If you went into an "Employees Only" area without express permission from the manager, press 7. If you did more than one of the above, please slam your head into the nearest wall until you are no longer capable of movement."

And then each number would take them to an appropriate message bitching them out over their idiocy.
                      Genius! I love it!!
                      "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth hornet95 View Post
                        Dollar issues... I have a solution... keep a bag of dollar coins. Nobody wants them, but if they are really pressed to get change for $20s, they will have to take them.

Bet you don't get a repeat.

Holy hell, that is brilliant!
                        Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Maybe it's just a case of faulty perception, but it seems that for the past couple of years, people in general have been getting more and more obnoxious at sports events. Seriously, last year I decided I won't be attending any more sports events just because the people turn so damned unruly. I mean, there's 'team spirit' and 'sports fan' kind of rowdy, and then there's 'drunken, overstimulated blowhard wanting to pick a fight'. I know those have always been around, but it seems that for the past couple of years there's just a hell of a lot more of them at the games.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this?

Comment

Working...
                          X