Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awe thanks Dips! That's awesome of ya I was worried about people not noticing my updates
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Quoth Crawley View Post
      Boss wants you to retcon the events to fit what he's told corp.
      No the incidents he referred to were the smartass comments made by Tina (the cursing and the "dot the i" comment)
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
        This included Tina's curse word and her "dot the "I" with a heart" comment. I figured honesty is the best policy and I wanted my statement to match the others who claimed to have written everything as it happened as well.
        Unfortunately, this is what is going to get the thief freebies and Tina disciplinary action, since DM seems to have it in for Tina anyway.

I would've left those things out, just because I'm a vindictive dickpickle like that. And if anybody questions the lack of those details in my statement--"Oh, I didn't hear anything like that."
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Way to go Tina! Wish she would have smashed his unowhats like the tacos he stole

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
            Part 1: "Scammer Bitten By Karma" in SC
            Part 2: "He Actually Complained!" in SC

I wrote up my letter and gave it to my boss yesterday, basically taking my post and copying it into a more professional style. This included Tina's curse word and her "dot the "I" with a heart" comment. I figured honesty is the best policy and I wanted my statement to match the others who claimed to have written everything as it happened as well.

It took me by suprise when my boss returned all the letters and had us rewrite them, excluding those 2 incidents! He explained that he knows Tina was completely in the right, but the District Manager is furious and is looking for something, anything to use against her. She ALWAYS sides with the customer when it's possible and wants to find something to be angry at Tina over. Boss Man is joining us and helping assure Tina's job is secure. It's nice to know Boss Man has our back. I have the revised version of the statement and will give it to him tomarrow at work.

We have at least 6 statements so far from the people who witnessed the incident and will get another from someone who wasn't there. Apparently, Joe Dipshit tormented our little store in the past when our very own Lydia was on duty. She offered to write up her own statement to prove that Joe is a trouble maker. We just may win this. I'm amazed and touched at the response we're getting at the request for letters. Everyone wants to help Tina.

Also, I did ask him about what I can do if Joe Dipshit returns. Boss Man said if he behaves, I must serve him. But if he acts up, he gets banned and I can refuse to serve him.
            Let me get this straight, your DM has it out for your Manager and as a result will side with a thief over an employee? What a dick.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
              Let me get this straight, your DM has it out for your Manager and as a result will side with a thief over an employee? What a dick.
              Somehow, someone MUST make DM's boss aware of this situation. These shenanigans are dishonest and petty.

Why does DM have it out for Tina, anyway?
              "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't."

Comment

Quoth Laund-o-rama Mama View Post

Why does DM have it out for Tina, anyway?
                Same reason Jerry doesn't like Marla?

Comment

Good to know you have someone who sticks up to people like that..

Comment

Maybe I'm misreading here (wouldn't be the first time ) -- but it sounds like he had everyone remove those two sections from their letters so that Tina would not look bad...??? After all, if only the cursetomer mentioned either of these two things and nobody else did, that makes HIS story look less believable...But I am a bit confoozled ~_~

Kisa, please elaborate when you can. ^_^;>
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
                      Also, I did ask him about what I can do if Joe Dipshit returns. Boss Man said if he behaves, I must serve him. But if he acts up, he gets banned and I can refuse to serve him.
                      There might be one thing, if you're willing to dig into your State laws a bit. What you want to look for is if your state has a "Right to refuse service" law, maybe just called right to refuse. If they do, and depending on how it is worded, you--and eveyone at your store--may have the right to tell Joe you won't serve him. If that law is in effect, the DM legally can't do anything to anyone for refusing service.

However, I feel it is only fair to warn you that nothing can really be done if she holds it against you in the future, unless you can prove she's retaliating for the refusal. Good luck, either way.
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                        Maybe I'm misreading here (wouldn't be the first time ) -- but it sounds like he had everyone remove those two sections from their letters so that Tina would not look bad...??? After all, if only the cursetomer mentioned either of these two things and nobody else did, that makes HIS story look less believable...But I am a bit confoozled ~_~

That's exactly what the Boss is trying to do: keep Tina from looking bad. Including her two statements just gives the SC ammunition, right or wrong.

I would not have included those two statements in my initial write up. I would have written down a script of what happened with no emotional statements like, "then the jerk . . . " or "He said with anger." The script is a list of what happened and who said what, nothing more nothing less. But I would have covered Tina by leaving out those two statements because they do make her look bad (even if justified). Then if challenged later, I could plausibly claim, "Really? I'm sorry, I didn't hear her say that."

That the Boss made Kisa and her CW redo the statements could get the Boss in trouble if the DM finds out OR if the SC gets a lawyer involved. Changing stories is never good, right or wrong.
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

This sounds like a War Story in the making. I sure hope it turns into a happy ending.

If Tina ends up getting fired by the DM, your manager and everyone else should try to get DM's boss involved and provide the video evidence and anything else pertinent. It would be horrible for this asswipe to get any satisfaction from his actions.
                          Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
                          Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
                          Fiancee: What?!
                          Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                            Of course, he won't actually admit that, and corporate might buy it.

Still, what an awesome story.
                            Customers who complain will ussually lie, exagerate or in this case leave out some information, so it is a good idea to log in detail any customer event like this in advance, file a theft or security report, so when corperate calls cause of the complaint you can show them the writeup (instead of explaining after the fact)

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post

Sorry I didn't reply sooner I haven't been feeling well lately so I haven't been on. Actually, the customer for some odd reason left out the 2 things she did do and made up numerous things she didn't do. Yes, Boss Man had us remove those 2 incidents so that the District Manager wouldn't have any ammo. Luckily, his story was so different from reality, it didn't need help looking unbelievable.

Quoth thehuckster View Post
                              This sounds like a War Story in the making. I sure hope it turns into a happy ending. If Tina ends up getting fired by the DM, your manager and everyone else should try to get DM's boss involved and provide the video evidence and anything else pertinent. It would be horrible for this asswipe to get any satisfaction from his actions.
                              It does sound like a war story And yes, if Tina gets fired I will go to the higher-ups and demand they pull the survelance footage from that day. I'll start an uprising if necesary.
                              Answers: $1
                              Correct Answers: $2
                              Answers that require thought: $5
                              Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Is Tina married? I think I'm in love......

Comment

Working...
                                X