Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't Let Them Take Booze in the Bathroom...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Let Them Take Booze in the Bathroom...

Working today, it was steady. I had a guy come in from the liquor store next door to use the bathroom. He carried a paper bag (with a bottle he just bought) and looked to just be an average 40-something guy. Well dressed. He was lucid. And it's not uncommon for liquor store customers to use our restroom.

Well, he went in the loo and I got busy with something else. After a little while, I realize I never saw the guy leave. Just as I was going back to check the bathroom, he comes out.

He presses the bathroom keys into my hands with a slurred, "D'y' work 'ere??" A stink-wave of booze hits me.

Before I could gather my wits about me he staggered out the door. I noticed that the brown paper bag (with bottle) that he brought in with him: GONE! I check the bathroom trash: NOTHING THERE!

Where did he hide the empty bottle????
    "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't."

From the sounds of it, he may have drank the bottle right along with the booze.

Comment

Ohhh...you probably do NOT want to know the answer to that question.
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Check inside the flush tanks.
        Check all the semi-hidden and hidden places in the bathroom, too. Including up underneath the sink surround, if that area isn't fully barricaded away.

Worst case (for you/your business), he tried to flush it. In which case you may well need a plumber to clear it out.

Best case, he took it with him ... somehow. And best not to think about 'how'.

Also, give some thought to getting some waterproof board, a few nails and some paint, and barricading off all the hidden and semi-hidden places you can find. You'll need to pull that off for plumbers, but it'll make the bathroom easier to clean - and harder for people to conceal stuff there.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Was this guy walking like he'd been horseback riding all day?

Comment

Where did he hide the empty bottle????
            are you sure you want to know?
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Do you have removable ceiling tiles?

Comment

The ceiling tiles remind me of the guy trying to hide mice in his pizza shop's competition!

Either that was some GOOD booze, or the guy was just really impatient. Hope he didn't drive!
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

It was either good booze or he needed something to medicate himself before going home to his significant other... Perhaps he has an EW for a wife?

Comment

Not being a boozer myself, I once inquired about its appeal to my college aged friends. Among the various gems, I discovered that the fastest way to get drunk is to basically give yourself an alcohol enema. No, I didn't want that mental image THEN, and I don't want it now. It might explain how he managed to guzzle that much alcohol AND where the bottle went...

Logically speaking, ceiling tiles, under/behind the sink/pipes, behind the toilet, and in the flush tank are all favorite places.

Comment

Quoth sevendaysky View Post
                      Not being a boozer myself, I once inquired about its appeal to my college aged friends. Among the various gems, I discovered that the fastest way to get drunk is to basically give yourself an alcohol enema. No, I didn't want that mental image THEN, and I don't want it now.
                      And just last night I heard of using of vodka soaked tampons for getting drunk quickly. And that's for both gals and guys.

Where's the brain bleach?
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Not being a boozer myself, I once inquired about its appeal to my college aged friends. Among the various gems, I discovered that the fastest way to get drunk is to basically give yourself an alcohol enema. No, I didn't want that mental image THEN, and I don't want it now. It might explain how he managed to guzzle that much alcohol AND where the bottle went...
                        And according to a couple of paramedic buddies of mine, it's also the fastest way to expire from alcohol poisoning, because alcohol is absorbed MUCH more quickly that way AND you'll continue absorbing it after the bottle is empty. If you drank it normally, they'd pour that charcoal stuff down your throat to absorb the alcohol still sitting in your stomach. Little hard to do when you've put the liquor in the other end.

Which is to say, don't ever try that. It's not as much fun as it sounds.
                        What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Ok . . . I'd never heard of this particular idiocy before. Why I don't know . . . just lucky I guess.
                          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I had.

There are also other mind-affecting substances which can be absorbed that way.

ER staff take note.....
                            Seshat's self-help guide:
                            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Not being a boozer myself, I once inquired about its appeal to my college aged friends. Among the various gems, I discovered that the fastest way to get drunk is to basically give yourself an alcohol enema.
                              Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                              And just last night I heard of using of vodka soaked tampons for getting drunk quickly. And that's for both gals and guys.

Where's the brain bleach?
                              I imagine it would be fairly easy to pass a breathalyzer then. Still damn stupid.

SC
                              "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Working...
                              X