This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Irene SC's

Despite the area my store is in having very minimal impacts from Irene, other stores wer not so lucky. Just a few small branches down and the lights only flickered a few times. However, other stores were not nearly as lucky. At one point something like 50 stores had lost power. Some knew they would be out for several days, and only having backup power for emergency lighting, phones/alarms/pa, POS and some outlets this creates problems for a supermarket.

Normally in long duration outages, reefer trailers are brought in to keep the refrigerated product and dry ice to hold frozen foods. Depending on the store it takes 3-6 reefer trailers. Once you do the math that means you need a minimum of 150 reefers. That put serous strain on availability, so some loads were delayed to non-effect stores due to the temporally lack of trailers.

SC: *looks at empty shelf* excuse me!
    M: Yes?
    SC: Do you have any more of <item>
    M: It is on order, however due to Irene we're not sure when it will arrive.
    SC: But Irene has passed.
    M: Yes, however due to the wide spread power outages, many of our refrigerated trucks are being used to keep product cold at stores that lost power. It will be at least few days until our deliveries return to normal.
    SC: That unacceptable! That is not customer service! Same on you! *stomps off*

The item in question, a certain flavor of yogurt.

Oh you have GOT to be kidding me!

Comment

That SC needs to be thrown to the Zombies!
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

And make the zombies sick? How cruel!
        "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

I just had an awesome little fantasy involving some jackass choking on yogurt....

Comment

You realize what yogurt is made from?

Live bacteria!
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Did the SC try to blame you for the hurricane as well? What a dumb ass. It isn't "bad customer service" when other stores have no power and the trucks have to help them out. Even Corporate couldn't help that stupid customer.

Comment

We have soooo many choices in this country. She could've picked another brand or gotten plain yogurt and added stuff to it. She should be grateful there's any yogurt at all.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I don't know about you, but after a storm my first concern is not Raspberry Cheesecake Yoplait (or whatever flavor it is).
                  My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
                  X