X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EricKei View Post
    Coconuts. Just coconuts.
    Put the lime in the...
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
      Put the lime in the...
      WAFFLES!

Couldn't resist being random there.....
      Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
        Is it possible to call the cops or the Federal B.I. on these guys? Especially if they're out of state, seems to me that constitutes theft across state lines and such. Wouldn't the cops or whoever be able to trace the call? (assuming the caller isn't on a pre-paid cell, of course)
        It constitutes wire fraud, a Federal offense.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

They tried that with me. Someone called up and said that there was an issue with the transaction.

At 12:00 at night.

I figure that they were assuming that since it was late that the poor sucker wouldn't be awake enough to want to get dressed and go to the counter to deal with this.

I however am a night owl and seldom go to sleep until 1am. With the person on the phone I fired up Ye Olde iPad and checked my Debit Card company's website and found that the transaction had indeed gone through and had been deducted from my account as per normal.

I tell the person that and state that I'll be right down to talk to them about it. They hemmed and hawed a few times and hung up.

I then went down to the counter and informed the person that someone must have called spoofing Corporate and got the information from them as to who is in each room and the names (since they called me by name) and that it was a scam and what had just occurred.

The manager looked embarrassed and since I complained gave me one of my nights for free by way of apology.

I left him talking to the police and looking up the phone records (the joys of a digital system) so he could report the number.

I found out at Breakfast on my last day there that the number was local, a land line, and that there were arrests.

I love a happy ending...especially when the villain ends up in prison where he's not going to get conjugal visits except from someone he doesn't want one from.
          I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
            I found out at Breakfast on my last day there that the number was local, a land line, and that there were arrests.

I love a happy ending...especially when the villain ends up in prison where he's not going to get conjugal visits except from someone he doesn't want one from.
            That's awesome. Always great to see justice get served. With breakfast, even!
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Justice: far better than tea (or coffee!) as a breakfast beverage. :3
              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
              X