This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not taking "no" to a extreme

Recently I had A SC ask if we had a item in stock. Sadly, it was out of stock at the warehouse.

SC: Hi, do you have any more of <item> in stock?
    M: Unfortunately, I do not. The warehouse is out of stock.
    SC: Do you have any in back?
    M: No. Like I said, the warehouse is out of stock, we have it on order, so when they get it in, the will ship it to us.
    SC: Can you check in back?
    M: *thinking thinking this might shut up the SC, I go in back and chat with a CW for a few minutes* I'm all out.

Now the SC goes from normal SC to really annoying SC!

SC: Is that anyone else I can talk to, besides you?
    M: *any above and beyond help has just gone out the window* Let me get my manager, <Dept. Mgr>.

DM: Can I help you?
    SC: Yes, I asked one of your workers If they could get me <item> and they said you were out of stock.
    DM: And we are out. The warehouse is out and as soon as they get more we will get it.
    SC: How long will that be?
    DM: They said it will be at least two more days until they get it, so later in the week at the earliest.
    SC: *sigh* fine! *stomps off*

DM asks me what that was about, and I explain. They agree the SC was a SC. While I was talking to DM, the following page is heard over the PA, "Customer assistance to <my dept>." Guess who?

A few minutes later...

SC: *wanders over, with smug look* Hellooooo!! I need some assistance!
    M: Yes?
    SC: dammit! I asked for assistance, but it is still you two.
    M: Ok.
    SC: well I want my <item>!
    M: As myself and my mana....
    SC: Get my the HIGHEST RANKING PERSON here. This is horrible customer service!

I call SM and fill them in on the details and they come down to talk with the SC. After a few minutes of the SC demanding a item that doesn't exist, the SC stomps off. SM stops by and says "wow." We are told that if they come back or call before said item arrives to transfer the to the MOD and they were calling us names and implying were retarded to SM.

I should note said item cam in a few days later, but the SC was not spotted again.

Three people told the idiot that the item is not in stock, and idiot still insists on talking to someone else?! "Sorry, Albus Dumbledore does not work here, we can't magic the item into your eager little hands."
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Wow, what a jerk. I hate putting up with people who won't take no for an answer-it's so irritating! We can't just magically poof things into existence just because they throw a hissy fit!

Comment

What did that SC want? A signed letter from the CEO of the company stating that it wasn't in stock or in the back?

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          "Sorry, Albus Dumbledore does not work here, we can't magic the item into your eager little hands."
          Besides, he's also *Spoiler alert*.
          Last edited by Dave1982; 09-06-2011, 01:28 PM. Reason: removed extra format tag

Comment

Because as we all know companies don't want your to buy their products that why they will only give you access after you've spoken to at least 4 people. It's part of the masonic-Illuminati conspiracy.

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
              Besides, he's also *Spoiler alert*.
              I presume you mean he's dead? That wouldn't stop the SCs.

(Just got a mental picture of some SC marching up to Dumbledore's tomb and banging on it, demanding service! )
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

This sort of thing happens on occasion at my pharmacy. A customer will come in wanting to pick up a prescription and we have nothing for them. This is typically because they were expecting a doctor to call something in or they had told someone else to drop off a script for them. I will do a search in the computer and nothing turns up, I also search all the other stores in our district just incase it went to another one of our locations.

When I tell them we have nothing they insist that I go and check the bins anyway. I explain to them that it would be in the computer if we had anything for them, but they still want me to look "incase they forgot to put it in the computer." How on earth would we have processed a prescription without using the computer? How do they think we bill insurance, check for interactions, etc? But I always end up looking just to keep them happy.

Comment

O.o What did the SC want you to do? Put up a banner in huge letters stating you were out of the product? Hold a demonstration about it? Contact President Obama himself??? Wow!
                  "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                    O.o What did the SC want you to do? Put up a banner in huge letters stating you were out of the product? Hold a demonstration about it? Contact President Obama himself??? Wow!
                    I thin their was even a "out of stock" sign where the item should have been, though I'm not sure.

Comment

My response would have been:"Sir, we make money by selling products. We have no reason not to sell to you except on the reason that it is not currently in stock."

I would have given him a hypoethetical question as to why he thinks we don't want to sell it to him and make a profit, but I think that would just instigate him more. At least you were on top of things on what was going with the item.

I understand your scenario involves a warehouse, but in my Guitar Center days I would have not only looked up other locations that have it and advised the customer, but would have offered to have one sent to our store for free or directly to the customer for an extra charge. I guess you can't please em all..

Comment

Oh! Of course! I figured it out! He wanted the extra units you keep in stock at every store in the area just for him! All he had to do was to give you his ID and the problem would have been solved! Silly 8p
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                          Just got a mental picture of some SC marching up to Dumbledore's tomb and banging on it, demanding service! )
                          I'd rather bang on Snape's tomb for service
                          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

That idiot is in serious need of a frozen trout slap and a clue by 24! HE seriously must've thought that all that badgering would result in the OP and his managers magically making the product apparate.
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

See, everybody knows that you hide stuff in the back room so the customers can't buy it. Because that just makes so much sense in this economy, when so many stores are struggling to survive.
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X