Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does warranty in the US means: giving back money or credit? You might want to try to get it repaired first. TRhat way the owner has to tell what, how and when it worked and when it didn't start to work and such... In writing.

Might raise the bar a little

Comment

I am completely grossed out that some one would return the item. Putting that aside if I buy a $10 item and it lasts 9 months I'm not going to go and return it when it breaks. You put on your big girl panties and buy a new one. If you don't like the brand you switch to another one and move on with your day.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        re the AM: AS disturbing as that experience was, it's probably for the best that he got it out of the way ahead of time, and came to the "not the place for me" realization before getting settled in.

Still....say it with me boys and girls....EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW >_<
        Quoth Yarnil View Post
        Does warranty in the US means: giving back money or credit? You might want to try to get it repaired first. TRhat way the owner has to tell what, how and when it worked and when it didn't start to work and such... In writing.

Might raise the bar a little
        No in the US a warranty is supposed to mean a replacement product or replacement part though some customers seem to equate it with an extended return policy.
        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

All "justification" and "warranty" and "generous return policy" aside,

that's just fucking gross!

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
            No in the US a warranty is supposed to mean a replacement product or replacement part though some customers seem to equate it with an extended return policy.
            In Australia, if an item is not 'fit for purpose', the purchaser is entitled to a repaired or replaced product which is; or a full refund.

'fit for purpose' pretty much means that it works as described.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Yarnil View Post
              Does warranty in the US means: giving back money or credit?
              Generally speaking, the difference between a "return period" and a "warranty" is that a Return may be done for cash/credit (with a receipt) and is almost always done via the store at which the product was purchased. A Return will often have few, if any, significant restrictions on it, if any at all. For software, for example: if purchased new, must be unopened -- if opened, the customer must deal with the manufacturer. Sometimes refewrred to as a Guarantee/Guarantee period.

A Warranty is almost always a repair or replacement (at the warrantor's discretion), has a number of restrictions on it (such as water damage = warranty does not apply), is in effect for a much longer period of time (6 months to 2 years, commonly, rather than a few days or weeks), and is *usually* via the manufacturer. Some stores (such as GameStore) offer an in-store warranty that lasts longer than, and supercedes, the manufacturer's warranty so that you don't have to mail it in. Also, Warranties typically cost extra.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                Pun intended?
                Um, no. ::facepalm::
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                X