Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuffly Teal Hoodies and Other Such Stuff (Bit Long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuffly Teal Hoodies and Other Such Stuff (Bit Long)

Alright, so some of you might remember about my little rant on Miss Switch. Her full story is also located in my blog.

Well she called back the other day to get one of her scripts filled, but wanted it filled for ninety days instead of thirty. Whatever, good, no problem. When someone is first starting on a medication, the doctor will write the prescription for ninety days, but tell them to only fill a month so they're not stuck with excess medication if they're taken off it.

It's not until I start poking around her profile a bit that I realize that her doctor had not written for a ninety day supply, so I could only fill for thirty. It's the law, I have to abide by it. The pharmacist is even awesome enough to leave a message with her doctor's office to get authorization for ninety days, because as he said, "Not seeing her for three months would be wonderful."

She comes in, we haven't heard back yet, so I then have to explain that her doctor didn't write it that way, so we were only legally allowed to fill for thirty.

"Well why can't you? I had six refills on this prescription, so I don't see why I can't just get however much I want!"

"Because that's the law, ma'am. If the doctor doesn't okay it, then we can't do it."

"Well fine, then! I'm not getting my blood pressure up any more than I already have! I'll get my shopping done then come back."

Sure enough, we still haven't heard back by the time she's done, and I just let the pharmacist deal with her before I slap her. She left without the meds, telling us to call her when her doctor calls us. Fine, whatever, just fucking LEAVE.

~~~~
    What does this have to do with fluffy teal hoodies? I just got one, and it makes me happier than thinking about this wench.
    I have CDO. It's kinda like OCD, but the letters are where they should be!

After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F...

Quoth MelodiousBubbles View Post
    I had six refills on this prescription, so I don't see why I can't just get however much I want!"
    Urm... I might have misunderstood something, but I can't see how "six" (precise number, 6, a full hand of fingers plus one) can be equivalent to "however much I want".
    What does this have to do with fluffy teal hoodies? I just got one, and it makes me happier than thinking about this wench.
    ROCK!
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

I think she more mean that since she had six months worth of refills on the prescription, she could have the ninety days if she wanted it because we would be giving it to her in a month anyway.

I actually wholeheartedly agree (mostly so that I only have to see her four times a year), but the law doesn't, so I can't.

Comment

What does this have to do with fluffy teal hoodies?
        I thought GraveKeeper had posted.

I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I think she more mean that since she had six months worth of refills on the prescription, she could have the ninety days if she wanted it because we would be giving it to her in a month anyway.
          Aah, I see, thanks!
          FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Teal hoodies can be very comfy.

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
              Are they made of real ducks?
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
                True! I won't wear them if they aren't real teal.
                (^only owns cow leather)
                "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  Are they made of real ducks?
                  Naw. Just the color teal

Comment

With my prescription benefits, I can get a 90 day supply for a set price. Due to an error on my doctor's part, they gave me a 30 day supply for that price. When I asked about it, I found out the plan benefit is a set price for 20 to 90 days. It may be that on the OP SC's prescription plan a 90 day supply would cost the same as a 30 day supply, and she wanted to save the extra cost. However, she did handle it badly.

In my case, my doctor changed the medicine I was taking, and gave me enough free samples to make up the difference in cost I had incurred. She is a very good doctor.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I got a fluffy light bluish grey zip hoodie yesterday

Along with a pair of Candies vintage style shoes for $6. Yippee!
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                        It may be that on the OP SC's prescription plan a 90 day supply would cost the same as a 30 day supply, and she wanted to save the extra cost. However, she did handle it badly.
                        Nope. She was using our generics program. $4 for thirty days, $9.99 for ninety days. It's still cheaper to go for ninety, but her getting pissed at us when we did everything within our power to help her was not needed in any way.

Comment

Working...
                        X