Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In all seriousness, if you're at work and you believe co-workers/boss will have a extreme reaction to some of the images displayed in avatars. It would be best to visit your CP (link at top) and change your options while at work to not display avatars and images. Better safe than sorry.
    I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Getting back on topic, I think that wet dog has to be one of the more nasty smells I've encountered in a car, right up there with stale milk. In fact, I encountered both of those in the same month! Right before my "inherited" Ford Tempo was destroyed in an accident, someone had left a milk container somewhere in the car. With the windows up. In the middle of summer. Nasty was an understatement. Let's put it this way--as soon as you opened the door, the stench simply overpowered you No matter how hard I tried, it wouldn't go away. The only thing that seemed to work was parking the car at the mall (yay for covered parking) with the windows down, in the middle of a rainstorm. I have no idea how that worked, but it did.

Where'd the dog smell come in? One of the cars I rented after the accident was a Nissan Sentra that smelled of wet dog. The car had supposedly been cleaned by the rental agency, but you could still smell it.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

i'm not offended, but then again, i have a sick sense of humor to begin with...funny odors; sure it wasn't the driver???
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I used to work at a dry cleaners, and sometimes people would bring in nasty clothes to us. The worst was when a man dropped off a bag with a set of clothes in it. he left before we opened the bag---and when we did, we discovered that the pants were full of crap!

My manager banned that person from the store after that.
          Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Quoth Rubystars
            Your icon is very crude. Think that some people read these forums from work and anything sexual could get them into trouble.
            you go to a site named "customers suck" from work and you are concerned that a naughty avatar could get you in trouble? i would definitely suggest that sites designed specifically to complain about work be visited exclusively from home

unless you ARE the IT guy then you can just make sure your traffic doesn't get logged

i'm not saying your point is invalid, just you seem to be overlooking the elephant in the room
            DILLIGAF

Comment

Quoth blas87
              I guess I'm the only person who nearly peed my own seat laughing at that avatar.
              Nah, I think it's awesome, too.
              Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

I can only access insurance and board of pharmacy websites from work, so the avatar's a moot point for me. I was amused by it, though

I think the worst smell I've ever encountered in one of my cars was the time a can of No-Chew (stuff you paint on the fence to keep the horses from chewing on it out of boredom) tipped over onto the passenger side carpet of my elderly subaru, rest in peace. Oh my god...I had to drive with the window down for a very long time. Febreze wouldn't even touch the stuff. I used a bissel carpet cleaner on it, nuthin'.
                My now-husband wouldn't even ride in that car with me. He said it smelled like a dirty toilet I got used to it after awhile, at least. It helped to counter the burning-oil smell that thing had, too

Comment

Quoth PuckishOne
                  Even though it seems many of us enjoy Mr Burns' avatar, we can still be respectful of those who might not - we're all about getting along here, right? If Mr Burns is willing to change the avi with no problems, then that should be that. Just my $0.02.
                  I couldn't agree more. Thank you puck.

There is really no need for anyone to be as mocking as they have been in response to Rubystar's complaint.

The OP was being very polite and accommodating, in my opinion, so there was really no need for all of these sarcastic replies in his defense.
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Ok, Finally got another Avatar. Not sure if it meets peoples approval though. There are no teddy bears doing sheep in it at least.
                    Flames added electronically by Channel 6.

Comment

Working...
                    X