This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, not a year.

Not completely sucky, but I need to tell.

BG: So, there's these two ladies that always come in. They either seem super high or super drunk, and sadly, I don't think it's either. And I think their just friends, cause they don't look related. Someone once told me that the smaller lady used to do drugs and now she's just messed up. They're just out-of-it, I guess you can say. The bigger lady once was asking me about our credit cards, and I DID NOT understand a word she said.

Anyways, smaller lady comes up to my register with a return. I'm already annoyed with that because my supervisor is on lunch and I have to call the assisstant manager for approval.

She has a pillow, and starts going on about it's from a loooong time ago. I look at her receipt and it's from October 2010. A year ago!!!

I said, "Um, yeah. Our returns have a 90-day limit."

She was all confused and says she's done it before and used gift cards and such. I said if she didn't have her receipt I could have done that. (Who keeps a receipt that long anyway??? Must have been buried in her closet or something...)

I called my AM (because I would need her anyway) and explained the story to her. She was like, "How old is it?" I said, "October of last year."

"Yeah, we can't do a year."

I explained that to the lady and she said it was bullshit and wanted to talk to her. I paged her again (meanwhile telling the woman there's biiig sign over at customer service that explains our policy), and she ended up coming to my register. She said that a year was waaay to long, and we couldn't do it.

The lady sighed and said something about not bringing a receipt would have been better, and my AM agreed. She left, and her friend bought something.

I bet she'll try to come back later during the day without a receipt, and I don't really care! It was only $4!!!

I would have thought that she would have discovered she didnt liek the pillow a little sooner
    Last edited by barainga; 09-11-2011, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Do people like this just go through their things whenever they need money? Y'know, grab a few items and try to return them for cash?

Beats workin'.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Anamal View Post
        Someone once told me that the smaller lady used to do drugs and now she's just messed up. They're just out-of-it, I guess you can say.
        OT. I was a manager at a McD's and one morning I was running shift getting ready for the lunch rush. I was going over the schedule at the front counter deciding who I would put where, etc. and I was talking to myself as I sometimes do when I am problem solving. A young girl, a new hire, suddenly comes up to me and...

YG: You hear the voices too! They're not really there you know. I did some bad acid at a concert last year and I've been hearing the voices ever since. I'll tell you my trick; don't answer unless you actually see the person talking! I started to get into trouble talking to no one until I learned that! It's better not to answer someone than it is to talk when -

Me: (interrupting this tirade that appears to have no end) I was just talking to myself. I don't hear voices.

YG: (crestfallen, she's lost her new BFF) oh.

I mean I felt bad for her but it was creepy. She quit a few days later, I think she was embarrassed and assumed I would tell everyone she was crazy (I never did tell anyone about her at the time).
        You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Working...
        X