This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Grape The Cat View Post
    I would have given him the $5 dollars off and then charged him. $44.99 for the game. Hey , if he wanted the larger discount he could pay the larger price.
    That's actually a perfect solution and one I wish the manager in this story had thought of. Sometimes our store will do a promotion based on regular priced merchandise only, and they'll raise a sale price item up to full price just for the duration of that promo to make it work (it wouldn't be a promo just on any particular item, it would be something like $X off every $Y you spend). Also, our employee discount is a certain percentage off full priced merchandise OR a lesser discount off sale merchandise, and we have a choice: We can either pay the original price and get the full discount or pay the sale price and get the lesser discount, whichever works out better. The manager at the game store possibly could have avoided caving by saying sure, we'll give you the $5 off if you pay the original retail price, but if you want to pay the sale price we'll give you $2...and let him decide. I'm sure he still would have complained but perhaps he would have just stomped off in frustration (or better yet, made a choice on what he wanted to pay). Ahh well...
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I would have given him the $5 dollars off and then charged him. $44.99 for the game. Hey , if he wanted the larger discount he could pay the larger price.
      Just what I was thinking ^_^

as for MSRP: On most NEW games these days, the MSRP in the US is $60. The fact that the "GameStore" discount card applied suggests that this was a used game. Hell, let's give it to him for that! $60 less a BIGGER BETTER BADDER six-dollar discount! He should be praising you guys' names in the streets for generosity like that!
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Sir, you're right. The price is $49.99. Now, would you like 10% off and make it $45 or would you like 46% off and make it $27?
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

So I have a $2 question. I mailed a package to my friend across the country last week. Priority mail was $10, guaranteed delivery by Friday. Regular parcel post was $8. I paid for Priority and the package didn't arrive until Saturday.

Am I sucky if I go in and ask for my $2 back? They say "guaranteed", so I feel like I'm entitled to it, but at the same time it arrived fine, just a day later. Still, I paid for something I didn't get and there's not much of a "guarantee" if they do nothing when it doesn't arrive on time.

Comment

If you paid for guaranteed service, and they failed to deliver the service you paid for, then you are entitled to a refund.

I don't know about the USPS, but UPS and FedEx will refund the entire charge if they fail to meet a guaranteed delivery window.

Then again, the place I work is a business customer, so we probably get better service than the general public.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I believe AB is correct, the USPS does give full refunds if you can prove the time of delivery. I don't know if Priority is guaranteed, per se, so call them and ask.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Unfortunately I don't think Priority Mail is guaranteed...only Express Mail.
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

And even if Priority Mail was guaranteed, which it's not, other than a <range> of dates, good luck running the gauntlet of government bureaucracy rivaled only by DMV! First response? We delivered it! (therefore you shouldn't complain, after all, it might not have gotten there at all).
                  Second response? Well you need to fill out these forms ::: cue pounds of paper hitting the floor::: Fill out the forms and they will go over them with a fine tooth comb to see what "i" you didn't dot, thereby allowing them to deny the claim

What? I am NOT bitter about the USPS :-D

Comment

I would have given him the $5 dollars off and then charged him. $44.99 for the game. Hey , if he wanted the larger discount he could pay the larger price. I don't think the SC misunderstood the percentages at all he just wanted to save more money and was willing to be a total dink about it.

Unfortunately even when a manager doesn't cave and stands by their employees a SC will just write to corporate and corporate will send them a bunch of coupons and shit to keep them as a customer.
                    Actually I would have stacked the discounts as follows.

"Ok so the game is 49.99... First we apply your 10% discount, making it 44.99. Now we apply the Sale price, making it 29.99. So that will be 29.99 plus tax please."

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                      Actually I would have stacked the discounts as follows.

"Ok so the game is 49.99... First we apply your 10% discount, making it 44.99. Now we apply the Sale price, making it 29.99. So that will be 29.99 plus tax please."
                      This is sheer BRILLIANCE!!

I salute you, and offer to lavish your genius with decadent baked goods.

Comment

Working...
                      X