Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No, we won't refund you more than you paid.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, we won't refund you more than you paid.

My username is misleading. I am no longer a government drone (WOOO!). I now work for a large British retailer (LBR). But this isn't any large British retailer. This is an exceptionally charitable, environmentally friendly large British retailer. 10 points if you get who I mean.

Luckily I didn't deal with this customer myself because the entitlement and stupidity was almost making my head explode from a few feet away.

The shop recently did a promotion whereby anyone who donated any unwanted LBR clothes to charity got a '£5 off if you spend over £35' voucher.

Slow Customer had used this voucher against a number of items and came in wanting to return some trousers. But, despite paying £5 less than the retail price, she wanted to be refunded the full retail price and genuinely didn't understand why my coworker couldn't, and wouldn't, do that. The reason? "I spend a lot of money in here." Yeah, so do millions of people around the country, love, that doesn't mean you get free money.

She then started talking about being refunded for something she had already returned and had refunded. I think I heard the phrase, "You've already been refunded for that. We won't refund you twice for the same item." about three times, and that is no exaggeration.

She argued her point with two different people and when the answer wasn't what she wanted she left and came back later and spoke to someone else. Sadly, I don't know the outcome but I did hear the word, "Goodwill." from the woman who dealt with her that final time, so I'm thinking she got some sort of compromise.

She made my brain hurt.

She probably had this whole thing planned in her head, like, "Oh, if they discount me on something I buy, and I return it for the full price, I'll make a profit!" and was so pissed of when she found out that, amazingly, it doesn't work out that way.

This is another reason economics and basic accounting should be taught in high schools.
    Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
    Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
    Fiancee: What?!
    Me: Nevermind.

Comment

We have had people occasionally ask for credit on something that was free. Makes my brain hurt every time.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

government_drone: I'm guessing you work at "Harks and Fencer", would I be right? *wants 10 points*

Comment

That wasn't just a sucky customer, that was a prime grade, 100% pure idiot sucky customer.
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Or else she was full of scam, scam, scam.
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              We have had people occasionally ask for credit on something that was free.
              Maybe this SC didn't think he got his money's worth.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I love it when they say they spend a lot of money there, as if taking it elsewhere is a threat. Take my word for it, lady, your $50/wk means NOTHING to a store that brings in $10,000/day!
                I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Working...
                X