• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drink the white liquid.

SC:
    T: Trainee
    M: manager

I worked at the KSU student union in the cafeteria. This was YEARS ago.
    We had the really big coffee urns for mornings, then the smaller regular pots for day time.

When we're done with the big ones in the morning, we put cleaning solution.
    It is VERY white.
    We put the caps over the pull down things that dispense the coffee.
    We put hanging signs on the dispesnors saying DO NOT USE
    We put a sign about 3 feet wide and two feet high in front saying:
    Contains cleaning solution Do not drink. Then a big arrow to right
    Coffee to right.

A woman comes up to me and says something is wrong with your coffee.
    I explain the situation.
    I was training a new person and say "see, sometimes people don't see the signs and we have to explain things."
    She comes back to me and yells.
    SC "I am a professor. I have a PhD. I am not a stupid <female dog>. Do not call me one."
    ME: "Ma'am. I didn't."
    SC "YES YOU DID."
    T "no ma'am, he didn't."
    She turns and marches up to the manager and starts yelling that I called her a stupid <female dog>.
    Both I and the trainee explain what happened.
    She continues to yell and complain.
    M: "Don't insult customers."
    ME: "I didn't."
    T: "He didn't."

This goes on. I'm getting in trouble for something I didn't do.
    I realize I've been working here for 3 years. I have had 3 raises of TEN CENTS AN HOUR each time. Heck with this.

I yell.
    "Professor Moron. I don't care what you think. I don't care that you have a PhD. You ignored several signs and then drank <beep> white liquid. You clearly did NOT hear what I said but since I am apparently getting in trouble for something I did not do, I'm going to do it. You are a stupid <female dog> and should in no way be teaching at this university. Anyone stupid enough to do what you did should be serving fries.. no check that. you should not be handling food of any sort. Go back, grab some of that cleaning solution and drink it till you die."
    I took off my apron and tossed it to the manager and left.
    The trainee did the same.
    I later heard 5 other people quit.

The manager had a habit of doing stupid stuff like this. There was obviously a reason the cafeteria was loosing money.

I was making about $3.65 an hour after working there 3 years. (sort of dates it, right).
    I went and got a job tutoring for the campus and started at $5 an hour.

I later had a class when I walked in and saw the professor. I walked up and said "forget this. I'm dropping this class. Anyone stupid enough to drink cleaning solution doesn't have anything to say to me. The entire class laughed as I walked out."

Yeah, I suppose I over reacted. But dang it felt good.

If you're going to get in trouble anyway, might as well make it worth it!

Comment

I guess if you're going to be blamed for something you DIDN'T do then you might as well do it & do it with style...lol.

Comment

That's the way I want to quit a job!
        http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
          I guess if you're going to be blamed for something you DIDN'T do then you might as well do it & do it with style...lol.
          "One might as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb," right? Yep, can't really say I blame you. Loved the coup de grâce at the end. Wonder how far the cleaning fluid story traveled around the campus?
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Given the circumstances, I think your reaction was spot on.

$3.65 an hour. I think that puts you just a few years older than me.

Quoth XCashier View Post
            Wonder how far the cleaning fluid story traveled around the campus?
            Just think if that had happened in this day. Within 30 minutes a video of the exchange would have been viral on youtube. The Prof would have fun explaining her actions to the department chair.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Bad enough she didn't see the signs, but she apparently had a hearing problem as well. And even if the color of the liquid didn't clue her in, you'd think the smell would have. Fail all around.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I don't think you overreacted all, professor bitch deserved it. I totally loved what you said to her!

Comment

Why is it that so many smart people are so dumb?
                  Ive rarely met a professor of anything that wasnt a moron outside of a classroom.

Comment

Great story! She's damn lucky she didn't die immediately from drinking the stuff, or suffer some kind of slow lingering death (the Darwin Awards notwithstanding). to CS!
                    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I LOL'D at the first Professor ownage, then LOL'D even harder when you called her out in front of her class. I bet she'll have a hard time gaining their respect now that they know she's too dumb to tell the difference between cleaning solution and coffee.

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
                        Ive rarely met a professor of anything that wasnt a moron outside of a classroom.
                        It's an unfortunate side-effect of becoming a professor. The more they focus on becoming masters of one subject, the more they neglect other, more common-sense subjects.

Or as Homer Simpson would put it:
                        Quoth Homer
                        Every time I learn something new, it pushes old stuff out of my head. Remember when I took that wine-making class and forgot how to drive?
                        Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post

They could have an IQ that goes off the scale & at the same time lack common sense. That alone makes some of the most intelligent people on the planet look as dumb as a door knob.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                            Given the circumstances, I think your reaction was spot on.

$3.65 an hour. I think that puts you just a few years older than me.
                            Right about the time when I quit working fast food to focus on nursing school. You still could barely make a living on it, though.

Quoth csquared View Post
                            Just think if that had happened in this day. Within 30 minutes a video of the exchange would have been viral on youtube. The Prof would have fun explaining her actions to the department chair.
                            Nothing would have happened. They don't fire people for being assholes outside of the classroom. Most jobs don't.
                            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Hey guys.

Lets focus on the story itself rather than generalizing about professors. Or anyone else, for that matter.

There are buttheads in every profession as well as decent folk, so it's unfair to generalize and paint them all with the same brush.

Thanks!
                              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                              X