This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for calling me a thief

This would be a brain burp if the title didn't apply. I was at the fast food job today. I had a woman whom I had to ask 3 times, "But did you want that as a kid's meal?" So we know what we're dealing with here. My AM told me after the fact that she'd pulled him aside because she was worried I might be pocketing change. Why, you ask? Because I accidently hit the $20 button, even though I gave her the correct change for her five. Annnd I'll just back away and let you all analyze that one....
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Gaaaaah. I hate how they can't do maaaaaath. As long as the money in the drawer is correct it doesn't MATTER WHAT YOU PRESS!!! Arrrrrgh.

I tell that to trainees all the time because they PANIC when they hit the wrong button. Like it will make a difference or something.

Comment

Beyond that, I was ticked she didn't say something like, "I'm concerned the drawer will be off." Instead, she outright accused me of stealing, or potentially stealing. As if $16 is worth getting fired over.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I've had two variations on that; first was someone who genuinely expected to be given the wrong change from a miskeyed £200, despite only giving me £20... And second was an owner/manager who couldn't work out that my till was up & the stock was wrong because I'd forgotten to enter an item I'd sold; the reason I could make the sale was because they were too cheap to fix the till, so I'd just dropped the coin into the drawer & forgotten to key it in, but she was adamant I had to dig into my own pocket to find the money to pay for the item which had already been paid for!

After another similar incident I actually quit that job & got unemployment due to constructive dismissal.
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Back when I was running a register, I'd often key in amounts of $1000+ for the heck of it, since I already knew the change required...Was fun to watch customer reactions when they were paying attention

Comment

Working...
          X