This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Learn How to Read & Stop Doing Dumb Things

Buy 1 get 1 half off does not mean buy 1 get 1 Free. Also if a coupon says $1.00 of the purchase of 3 bottles of laundry detergent please do not stare at me and ignore me when I tell you that you need 2 more bottles or laundry detergent to use it. I am not giving you a discount for being stupid. Also please read dates on your coupons I am not going to suddenly start taking your expired coupons after myself and management has explained to you multiple times that we do not accept them. If you do not understand signs ask for help before you go to check out.

Also please bring your wallet into the store with you so you can pay for your items.

Also please stop arguing with me in Spanish after I have told you multiple times I do not speak Spanish. I live an area where speaking spanish is generally not necessary. I was lucky that another customer who spoke Spanish stepped up and helped me. She told me after they left that she told them to stop asking for free stuff and either pay for their items or leave. I actually know how to say I do not speak Spanish in Spanish and I speak English.

My work is trying to get everyone to cut down on voids. I had some many SC's today I lost count of how many transactions had to be voided. My work does not have a set-up to suspend transactions. I am not going to get in any trouble for this because a manager has to do the voids and they are aware of what was happening.

Ah, I think I work for the same company.

I love the buy 1 get 1 half off sale. Not. I hate it. I have to explain it so much I'm sick of it.

Eta: for having to deal with the dumb bunnies all day.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
      Ah, I think I work for the same company.

I love the buy 1 get 1 half off sale. Not. I hate it. I have to explain it so much I'm sick of it..
      Just tell them it's "buy two, get one free." Mathematically it works out the same, right?

Also, I am forcibly reminded of an ancient Blondie comic strip from my childhood. Haven't seen it in ages, but the punch line has stuck with me for all these years, and through the magic of Google I found it just now. I can't link to the original, but I put it in photobucket.

Comment

Foolishness is a virus. Unfortunately, it's spreading.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
          Also, I am forcibly reminded of an ancient Blondie comic strip from my childhood.
          Gilbert Shelton did a tribute to that strip in his Freak Brothers comic.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I saw something similar the other day in the shops. They had sausage on special - Big Red Stickers on the packaging that said "Special! R10 off the marked price!"
            An SC just saw the R10, and thought THAT was the actual price. Er. No. There's a price sticker RIGHT NEXT TO THAT, telling you it's R48. Like wow...
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

We have TONS of coupons. Many of our customers think that they can use all of them at once. You can if they are different coupons....such as 40% off a certain brand and 15% off your entire sale...that is perfectly fine. What you cannot do is use two identical coupons on the same purchase. No matter how many times I explain that it is one per customer, they still do not get it, even though the coupons plainly say "one per customer" in large type on the bottom of the coupon. They love to argue with us about that.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                Just tell them it's "buy two, get one free." Mathematically it works out the same, right?
                While mathematically it is the same, inventory wise, it is different, because they would have to get 4 of the item involved, and pay full price for the third. The deal is that if you purchase 1 item, the next of that item is half the price. So they would then need to get a 3rd item, to get the 4th item for half price; but those 2 half prices need to be paid for somewhere.

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                  While mathematically it is the same, inventory wise, it is different, because they would have to get 4 of the item involved, and pay full price for the third. The deal is that if you purchase 1 item, the next of that item is half the price. So they would then need to get a 3rd item, to get the 4th item for half price; but those 2 half prices need to be paid for somewhere.
                  Our assistant manager mentioned that this morning. Some people would actually fall for it.

Comment

So it's 4 for the price of 3?
                    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Yup. Buy 1 get another for half price. Or buy 3 and get 1 free. Depending on the items involved, one may sound better than the other. (If it's something that people tend to buy a lot of at once, like bottles of pop, a Buy 3 get 1 free may be better advertising wise)

Comment

stop asking for free stuff and either pay for their items or leave.
                        i'm betting there was much cat-butt-face after being told that.

Comment

Quoth retailworker7 View Post
                          Also please bring your wallet into the store with you so you can pay for your items.
                          I have never understood the rationale for leaving one's wallet in the car. Maybe it's because I used to live in a city with a very high vehicular crime rate, but leaving one's purse or wallet in the car is just asking for a smash-and-grab. And seriously, who goes to a store and expects to get their stuff without any method of payment?

Oh, wait, there I go again, expecting logic and sense. I forgot for a moment we were talking about Sucky Customers...
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

At the supermarket where I worked, we would have have the "Buy 2 for $5" approach. It wasn't unusual to get customers wanting only one and asking if that meant the one was only $2.50. Sometimes it was, sometimes it wasn't ...
                            The only way to find out was to scan the item (and bless those customers who asked me at the start about it because that meant I could do a price check scan which in turn meant I didn't have to void it if they didn't want it!) Fortunately most customers were OK with that, even if the result wasn't what they wanted.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                              I have never understood the rationale for leaving one's wallet in the car.
                              They pull their wallet out of their pants becuase it's too big to sit on comfortably. And then they forget it.

I've left my wallet in the car more than once, but that's when I've taken it out to pay for something like fast food, and it sits in there overnight. I've had nice stuff in my car and managed to forget to lock it, and nobody ever tried to get in.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X