Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to love at the store where I was assistant manager I would be standing at a closed register going through stolen merchandise list and doing other paperwork(couldnt go to back office to do and no other place to do in store). It never stopped to amaze me the people who would come to my register shove my things aside(including the sign that would say Register Closed) and would expect me to wait on them. A lot of the time the cashier at main register would just be standing there with no people in line. Gotta love the catbutt face you get when you say the register is closed.

Comment

hs - In that situation I would be sooo tempted to just ignore them completely. My first thought would be to put the Register Closed sign on TOP of the stuff they were trying to buy. If I were *truly* in power in such a situation, I'd just shove their stuff aside the moment they started to complain.

I mean, is it too much to ask that someone shopping for BOOKS know how to read signs? >_<
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Mr.Customer View Post
        Keep a pad of papper with you and when ever someone says something like this, make a tick on the paper and say something like "37, thats a new record for how many times a day I've heard that phrase."
        Haha I love it.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I was tempted to throw some of them out of the store but corporate would of folded and given them gift cards and I would of been written up. I would just keep working on what ever I was doing and pretend I didnt see the SC standing there.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            Given the number of stories on this site involving spineless managers and corporate gift-card vending services -- er, excuse me -- complaint departments, I'd say that being a jerk pays quite well...
            It is not OFFICIALLY in the job description - usually.
            FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Working...
            X