This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't argue with me!

So, I got a complaint from one of my rooms (@ 12:30AM) that there was a dog barking next door. I checked, and I heard it as well. I called the room, and the guests cell phone and received no answer (but I left a VM).

Per my manager, I locked them out, because the dog had to be out of the room, because it had made such a disturbance (there were other complaints before I got to work).

When I spoke to the guest, I told them that the dog had to be out of the room. They insisted that it wasn't their room that the barking came from, because they had the dog out by 11:30PM (despite the fact I stood RIGHT OUTSIDE THE DOOR and heard it distinctly from their room). I told them that the dog had to be out per management, and yes, they would still be assessed the pet fee due to the dog having been in the room. (this was at ~3AM)

So, not even 20 minutes later, I get a complaint about the noise in the parking lot (including a mention of a guy with a dog).

I go out there and say "You guys need to go to bed. I have a complaint about the noise, it's after 3AM, you need to go to bed." I then backed away, to keep an eye on them, and the guest with the dog laughed and said "We're leaving tomorrow anyway."

Me: When you signed the reg card, there was clause that stated you could be charged for any room that complained about you. You need to go to bed right now, or I will talk to the manager in the morning and see to it that you are charged for EVERY room that complained."

I then turned and walked away.

5 minutes later the guests supervisor came down, apologized for his workers beligerence, and said he sent them all to bed.

Hopefully this is just like a fairy tale, and ends with this happy ending.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
    Hopefully this is just like a fairy tale, and ends with this happy ending.

SC
    Don't bet the mortgage money on that... We all know how quickly an SC can go from reasonable to sucky.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Me: When you signed the reg card, there was clause that stated you could be charged for any room that complained about you. You need to go to bed right now, or I will talk to the manager in the morning and see to it that you are charged for EVERY room that complained."
      whoa, where is this a policy?? I'd love to stay at a place with that possibility, considering the number of lunkheads I've encountered in my travels!
      Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
      At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

That's friggen awesome! Although I could see this policy being abused.
        Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
        Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
        Fiancee: What?!
        Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Quoth vikingchyk View Post
          whoa, where is this a policy?? I'd love to stay at a place with that possibility, considering the number of lunkheads I've encountered in my travels!
          Only found on the special addendum to the reg card for guests with PETS.

SC
          "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Working...
          X