This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops and car alarms

Another night at the motel where my sleep is interrupted.

Last night, one of our guests decided to steal his girlfriend's car keys.

I actually heard her yelling at him that she was going to call the cops. I was going to call ACW to see if she knew what was up, but I fell asleep before I made it to the phone. Did I mention I was tired?

I don't know how long after, but I found myself being woken up by a car alarm.

Car alarm: "HONK!HONK!HONK!HONK!" *pause*
    Me: "Ungh."
    Me: "Blah."
    Me: "Alright!"

As I was getting dressed to investigate, the phone rang. I had Hubs take the call from ACW, since I had to put on clothes. Hubs said ACW wanted to know if the cops should be called. I didn't see why, but if she wanted to, whatever. Hubs also said ACW had taken three complaints so far for the car alarm. Wonderful.

Once I was clothed, I went out. Guest's GF is sitting in her car. Guest is yelling at her from the balcony to close the car door.

Me: "You need to shut that off."
    GF: "He stole my keys! I can't! Can't you just call the cops, please?"
    Me: "Okay, they're on their way."

I went to go talk to ACW. Apparently, Guest's GF had asked her to call the cops earlier, which is why she asked me when she called. We figured she's the one I heard before I dozed off.

On my way back to the room, I saw the police had arrived. They'd parked near the end of our driveway, and were weaving around the buildings on foot. They had at least four officers I saw talking to Guest and his GF when I got back around to my room. I had the feeling they knew each other from previous encounters.

Bonus: The Quest for the Loaded Gun

Other MOD got to deal with this excitement a couple days ago.

So in a nearby neighborhood (near where I live and deliver newspapers, of all places ), some guy stole a car and pulled a gun on the car's owners when they confronted him about it. During the chase that ensued, the car thief drove around our lot in an attempt to lose the pursuit. When they finally arrested the guy, the gun was missing. So Other MOD and Maint Man got to help the police scour our bushes to see if the gun was ditched there.

They didn't find the gun in our lot, and last I heard, they hadn't found it anywhere else either. So there's possible a loaded gun lying out in the neighborhood here somewhere. Fun times.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

That boyfriend sounds like a real winner...

Comment

Devil's advocate... "he stole my keys" could mean what she's implying it to mean -- or it could mean the boyfriend confiscated the keys so she wouldn't drive under the influence. My ex husband had a minor surgery and reacted oddly to the anesthesia; it was like he was high. He insisted he wanted to go to Burger King at 11 pm. I wouldn't give him the keys, and insisted he just go to sleep. He didn't remember any of it the next morning.

Comment

Quoth sevendaysky View Post
        Devil's advocate... "he stole my keys" could mean what she's implying it to mean -- or it could mean the boyfriend confiscated the keys so she wouldn't drive under the influence. My ex husband had a minor surgery and reacted oddly to the anesthesia; it was like he was high. He insisted he wanted to go to Burger King at 11 pm. I wouldn't give him the keys, and insisted he just go to sleep. He didn't remember any of it the next morning.
        AFAIK hospitals require someone else accompany a patient for surgery if there's an anesthesia involved, and that person should drive the patient back home regardless of the patient's apparent "awareness"

I remember when I went in for a simple operation, the nurse told my mother, and I quote, "For the rest of the day, make sure he does not drive, operate heavy machinery, or make any life-changing decisions." That last part made me laugh.
        Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
        Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
        Fiancee: What?!
        Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
          AFAIK hospitals require someone else accompany a patient for surgery if there's an anesthesia involved, and that person should drive the patient back home regardless of the patient's apparent "awareness"

I remember when I went in for a simple operation, the nurse told my mother, and I quote, "For the rest of the day, make sure he does not drive, operate heavy machinery, or make any life-changing decisions." That last part made me laugh.
          Yeah I recently had surgery, and when the surgeon came to talk to me the next day, she said "Sounds like you remembered everything we talked about while you were in recovery." I stared at her blankly. "You ... visited me in recovery?"

I talked to her for half an hour and I have no memory of it at all. Not even of her coming into the room.

Comment

Quoth manybellsdown View Post
            Yeah I recently had surgery, and when the surgeon came to talk to me the next day, she said "Sounds like you remembered everything we talked about while you were in recovery." I stared at her blankly. "You ... visited me in recovery?"

I talked to her for half an hour and I have no memory of it at all. Not even of her coming into the room.
            lol! After my operation I repeatedly asked my mother who dressed me after my operation. Each time she gave me the same response: I did.
            Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
            Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
            Fiancee: What?!
            Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Working...
            X