This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you feel now? (a bit longish)

A semi-regular customer came to my till today. I always like seeing this lady - she's smiley, friendly, chatty and usually has her three daughters with her, as she did today.

She has quite a lot of shopping, including some huge storage boxes.

Me : Oh heavens, you must have got the biggest ones we sell!
    Nice lady: Yes well, three girls are going to have their bedrooms de-cluttered today, so we need somewhere to put everything!

I get all the shopping rung through, including bags of sweets / new slippers etc - all for the girls I note, nothing for her - the girls are chattering to her and to me. Meanwhile the man behind her in my queue is starting to roll his eyes and sigh and look pointedly at his watch.
    Nice lady pays for her shopping and starts trying to get everything onto her trolley, but is having trouble getting the huge boxes loaded. I try to help, but it's clear that it's not all going to go on. Finally she turns to me...

NL : Can I leave two of these with you for a few minutes? and one of us will come back for them?
    Me : Sure, no problem! *stows them behind my till. Impatient Man is now huffing and puffing*
    Nice lady gathers her girls, gives me a cheery "See you again!" and slowly (this is important) begins to make her way from my till.

Impatient Man stands glaring after her for a few moments, then dumps his stuff into my till.

IM : FINALLY! What is it with some people? She takes all that time, then she can't even get out of the way quickly! Why do some people move so damn slowly?
    Me : Well, in the case of that particular lady, it's because she has an artificial leg.

His face fell to below zero and he didn't say any more. I rang him through, he paid and left.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

I've never quite understood the "I am in a huge hurry." mentality. *shrugs* Go earlier. Simple concept. SC needs karma to slap him a bit to wake him up. Thank you for putting him in his place
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Sir, if you could open your mouth, and insert your foot...
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post

Sir, if you could open your mouth, and insert *her foot...
        edit'd for truth, my amusement
        at least he has human sentiment... and why didn't the girls help?? Mom would've plied me and sister with stuff to help with.
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

He gets a few brownie points for having the decency to be ashamed of himself and show it, but it would have been much better if he had actually apologized and admitted being a douche.
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

"So, sir, how does that shoe taste?"

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
              why didn't the girls help?? Mom would've plied me and sister with stuff to help with.
              In fairness, the girls were trying to help, but tbh the boxes were so big - seriously, these things are big enough for children to get inside - only the eldest girl was really able to make any difference, and even then she was having to hold two of the boxes on top of the trolley or they would have fallen off. And she was the one who came back to get the other two boxes, not the mother.
              Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

... and wedge firmly ... although it sounds like he was already doing a bang-up job of just that.

Well, you know, people like this are out on missions of vital importance and can't afford to be held up by lowly peons who obviously have nothing important going on in their lives. One of the last times I managed to get my ailing mother out of the house, we went to a local Sorta-Big-Box store for something. Mom moves very slowly. Behind us a middle-aged couple was huffing and puffing and sighing ... despite the fact this store has at least TWO FULL SETS OF DOORS leading in and if they'd moved their cellulite-laden butts a few feet to the right they could've gone in by another set of doors and rushed off to get whatever they were no doubt literally dying for.

Mom finally gets through the doors and far enough ahead so they can blast past us and the guy mumbles something like "Finally!" I wanted to turn on him and rip him a new one but as far as I could tell mom hadn't heard him and I wanted to keep it that way. Pity I couldn't reach him fast enough to stick my foot out and 'accidentally' trip him up ...

Comment

Working...
                X