X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You people don't matter

I'm on my day off but just had a call transferred to my home line
    B/G - I remain 'on call' during our peak periods so that any 'escalations' can be passed through. Luckily, the lovely folks in the call centre are fine with 99% of calls, so this rarely happens.
    This call I just took though has pi*sed me right off...

Me - "Hi, I understand you had a billing issue and needed to speak..."

*starts talking to someone in the background*

SC - "Oh HIIIII daaarling, how aaaare you, how good is the weather today daaarling"

Me - "Ma'am? Hello?"

SC - *cheery voice turns to snotty voice, as she talks to me * "Huh? Oh yes, LOOK, I had a call about a billing problem..."

*again goes back to her background convo*

SC - "Oh yeeesssssss the flowers she had were just beaaaautiful weren't they! Oh yes David said he would pick me up a bunch on the way home and they smelt diviiiine"

Me - "Hello? Ma'am? I understand there is a billing issue you need to discuss?"

SC - *back to me, snotty tone* "What? EXCUSE ME! Can't you hear I am having a conversation here? So rude!"

Me - "I do apologise ma'am, it's just that you requested to speak to myself and I need to speak to you for a few minutes to be able to assist you..."

*of course, back she goes again*

SC - "Yes, so he got me the flowers and I put them in a lovvvvvely vase in the livvvvving room, you should come around and see them! Are you busy now? Oh daaarling you should pop around!"

Me - "Ma'am I'm sorry but if this is a bad time , you are welcome to call back later when you have a few spare moment to speak?"

SC - "What? Excuse me! It's not like you people matter , you're just the insurance people!"

Me - "O...kay then. In any case, you willneed to speak to me to resolve your billing issue, so..."

*interrupting me*

SC - "Hahahahaha NO daaaarling I think you will find that I don't have to speak to someone at the bottom of the ladder, such as yourself! You people are nothing! *to person in background* The nerve of these workers! Thinking they have the right to speak to me! Hahahahaha"

Me - "Okay. Well as mentioned, you do need to speak to an actual operator regarding any billing issue you may ha..."

*once again, to her friend*

SC - "OH and did you hear that Tracey and Mark broke up? Oh I KNOW, she was cheating on him for MONTHS! Oh but he deserved it of course, gave her no attention so the pooooooor thing had no option"

I ended up just hanging up.

The ironic thing?
    Her 'billing issue' was that she had not paid her premiums in months and was about to have her insurance policy terminated

Stupid b*tch, hate snuck up snobs like that!

Just....no words for this. What a b*tch! No, I can't call her that...that would be unfair to b*tches.

Did your company call her about the billing issue, or did she call you?

Oh well. If her insurance gets terminated, she deserves it.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

SC - *back to me, snotty tone* "What? EXCUSE ME! Can't you hear I am having a conversation here? So rude!"
      "Fine, call me back when you're done." Click.

Seriously, at that point I would have said goodbye, and I doubt my tone would have been as polite as it should be. I don't blame you for being pissed off.

Anyway, since when does "didn't bother to pay her premiums for months" translate to a "billing problem"? Seems more like a payment problem to me. In other words, the problem was on her end, not yours.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

ask anyone who works at a pizza place and you will get literally dozens upon dozens of stories like this. from some drunk (yes this is the one is the "most" sober) trying to order whist asking/taking a huge Gallup poll on what everyone wants to wHAT to just what you described ABOVE, to people with screaming babies on their shoulders trying to order while your brain turns to mush at the high pitched scream resonating through what is left of your brain.

the one that pisses me off is the "HOLD on a second" people. yeah right you called me.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

It really is sad that some of us have to just take that kind of abuse...I'm glad you finally were able to hang up but I don't think I would be able to if I got that kind of customer. I do sincerely hope her insurance is terminated and that she finds it very difficult to get it back again
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
            the one that pisses me off is the "HOLD on a second" people. yeah right you called me.
            My ex used to be really bad with that, back when I was still with her. She'd call me at work, which alone was a royal pain. I'm trying to work, and she'd want to talk to me about stupid shit, and then she'd get all pissy when I was too busy trying to... I don't know... do actual work.

But even worse yet was when she'd call me, and then tell me, "Oh, hold on!" and then proceed to talk to someone else in the background.

Just one of many reasons I'm glad I'm no longer with her.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

More power to you for staying patient with her for that long. I would've hung up after she cut me off the first time. I do it at the bank all the time.
              There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

Wow.. insurance people dont matter?

Sounds like just about all the ahem 'ladies' that would say something along the lines of 'my husband is a doctor/lawyer etc and makes way more than you do!'

At that point im thinking 'then you shouldnt have any problems paying your bill'.

Comment

One of my friends does that too kinda. She'll call you up and start talking and within minutes will have to talk to someone else. She at least usually says "I'll call you back" but... it's usually when you have something you really want to say, and she forgets to call back.

meh

Comment

Tell me you cancelled her butt...
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

My mom does that, calls me and then ends up having a conversation with someone in the room with her while I'm sitting there. She doesn't do it on purpose and she doesn't do it very often, it just happens when the other 6 people who live there (4 of which are kids) are home. I don't mind so much when it's one of the kids needing something urgently (like a bandaid), but when she starts trying to have a conversation with me and a different one with my sister or my dad at the same time, it never works out. Anyway, she's not snotty about it, just over extended!
                      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Wow, you put up with it longer than I would have. I give people a three strikes your out thing. I hung up on a woman on Friday because she was more concerned with her personal conversation than talking with me anyway. I tried three times to get her attention focused on me, and I am not her servant. I'm to the point that I wouldn't have cared if she called back to complain anyway, and I would have just said that the call disconnected which actually happens alot anyway.

Comment

If this were me, the first time she interrupted me I would have told her to call at a later time and then immediately hung up.

If she's too busy having a conversation with someone else to even let you finish your opening spiel, then her "billing issue" can obviously wait.

Comment

why did the office even transfer her to you? You were off, I know you're on call. But couldn't they have handled that strange call?

Comment

I so love your job, you really get to fuck with the assholes.
                              She'll end up needing an operation and can't do a thing for it, and you'll get the satisfaction of knowing she deserves the pain she's in for.
                              Part Angel Part Sadist

Comment

Working...
                              X