This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC vs SC -- FIGHT!!

So, most of this happened within the first hour and a half of my shift.

Now THAT is a heroin problem!

This was before my shift started. Housekeeping found a purse FULL and a makeup bag FULL of USED syringes!

Those who are scared of needles, proceed to freak out now!

We had two sharps containers about half full. This one customer FILLED those containers, and we had to store the leftovers in the small containers that are only meant for transporting sharps to the big containers. Basically, if the containers were empty, this would have filled one with overflow leftover.

I mean, I've seen some rooms with a lot of syringes. We had one guy who would regularly check out with no less than eight in his room. But two bags packed FULL?

I do give the guest credit for keeping them all in one spot. Nothing like having a needle jump out at you from under a mattress or through a garbage bag.

If you'll quit bitching, then I can help you

*phone rings*
    Me: *spiel*
    SC (in snotty rude tone throughout this entire exchange): "Yeah, is anyone at home? I've been on hold with Corporate for 15 minutes!!!"
    Me: "Uh...well, this is [my town]. Corporate offices are in [state halfway across the country]. So I don't know what's going on over there. But maybe I can help you?"
    SC: "It's been 15 minutes! Where are they?"
    Me: "I don't know. I'm not over there. What do you need?"

I finally wrangled it out of him that he checked out earlier in the month, was supposed to get a refund, but it didn't show up in his account.

Me: "Okay, I'm showing we processed the refund, so I'm going to have to forward this to our Corporate credit card department."
    SC: "But how will I know they're doing anything?"
    Me: "I can copy you on the email I send them, and ask that they email you once the issue is resolved."
    SC: "But will they do anything?"
    Me: "Yes, they will. I'm a little busy at the moment, but I will email them as soon as I can. Can I get your email?"
    SC: "Where are they located at?"
    Me: "They are located in either [state] or [state], as Corporate has offices in both. I'm not exactly sure which location it will be routed to."
    SC: "And how long will this take?"
    Me: "They may not get to in until Monday. But I promise, I will email them as soon as I can. Just give me at least an hour, since I'm busy, but I will email them tonight."
    SC: *finally gives email* "And what is your name?"
    Me: "Bhskittykatt"
    SC: "Okay, you better fix this!"

Dang, I understand your issue sucks, but no need to be a total snot about it. It was more the tone of his voice. Also, I was anxious to get him off the phone, because I was literally in the middle of dealing with:

SC Smackdown!

The cast:
    SC1 = crazy lady. Describing her past craziness would be an epically long post. Just accept that she's not firing on all cylinders.
    SC2 = SC1's paranoid neighbor.
    Me:

Side note: We have a marathon in town, and a big motorcycle event, so I'm incredibly busy.

Round 1

SC1 is complaining about SC2. She's freaked out because of the adjoining door, and doesn't think it feels safe. She says she's never stayed in a room with an adjoining door since "the last time", but refuses to elaborate.

I ask if SC2 is disturbing her. She says he's not noisy or anything; he just freaks her out. I tell SC1 that I cannot move her tonight, as we are full, but I reserve a room for her tomorrow.

Round 2

SC2 is complaining about SC1. He says SC1 has been sitting in her car for hours doing nothing. He says he wants some sunlight, but doesn't want to open the window since SC1 is parked there and he doesn't want her staring at him.

I tell him I will investigate as soon as my lobby is cleared.

Round 3

SC2 calls back, and says SC1 is shooting up in her car. (While I wasn't aware of SC1 being a druggie, she's crazy enough that I find this plausible.) I tell him that I really am very busy, but I will investigate as soon as I can clear my lobby. SC2 says he wants to call the cops.

Round 3

I just finish helping the last guest in my lobby. My phone starts ringing. As the guest walks out, SC2 barges in and points to the empty lobby.

SC2: "Look! You're lobby is clear! Why aren't you doing SOMETHING about this?!?!"
    Me: "Sir, that guest is just leaving now."
    SC2: "I'm calling the cops!"

SC2 storms out. I answer the phone, which is the guy who never got his refund.

I go out and talk to SC1. She says she is using her phone to send emails and charging her phone. She says she only has a car charger. I see absolutely no signs of drug use. I find her story plausible. I tell her that someone was concerned. She says she's fine. I go back to the office.

Round 4

SC2 comes to the office again. I explain SC1's side of the story.

SC2: "Well, she's making me uncomfortable!"
    Me: "Well, she's a guest here, it's her car, parked in front of her room...I don't think I can do anything about that."
    SC2: "I'm calling the cops! What is your name?" *reads my nametag* *storms out of office*

Round 5 - FIGHT!

I did not have the pleasure of witnessing this, so this is pieced together from stories from SC1, SC2, and a nearby housekeeper.

SC2 confronts SC1.

SC2: "Are you okay?"
    SC1 (in confrontational tone): "I'm just fine. Are YOU okay?"

My housekeeper said that a rather epic shouting match ensued. Eventually, though, they worked out their differences. SC1 came down and asked if she really looked that bad. SC2 came down and apologized.

Lesson to be learned: Don't put crazy people next to each other.

Smoke smell won't go away!

Someone smoked in one of our nonsmoking rooms. A lot. Housekeeping stripped EVERYTHING out of there, and I put the ozone machine in there for two hours, and it STILL reeks of smoke. I had to sell it at a 20% discount.

This made my night!

Not everything was sucky. This just made my night. I checked in a small group from Colombia. To give you the full picture, the guest in question is male, has a thick Colombian accent, and is a bit on the pudgy side:

Guest: "Do you know Colombia?"
    Me: "Yeah, I know where it is."
    Guest: "Do you know where Baranquilla is?"
    Me: "No, sorry."
    Guest: "Do you know Shakira?"
    Me: "Yes."
    Guest: "Shakira is from where we are from, Baranquilla, and we all dance like her!" *does hip swivel*
    Me:
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
    But there are so maaaaaaaaaany of them...

Colombian guy is way cool...how refreshing to have a customer who is not only nice, but likes to make people laugh and feel good
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Someone smoked in one of our nonsmoking rooms. A lot. Housekeeping stripped EVERYTHING out of there, and I put the ozone machine in there for two hours, and it STILL reeks of smoke. I had to sell it at a 20% discount.
      Charge the difference to the credit card of the guest who smoked where they knew they shouldn't.
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
        Charge the difference to the credit card of the guest who smoked where they knew they shouldn't.
        Yeah, we can't do that. We're not set up to accept deposits or charge credit cards after checkout like most other places.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

The problem is, how do you tell who the crazy people are?

Yes, I'm aware that everyone is crazy (in their own unique way), but unfortunately, hotels cannot just have empty rooms to serve as buffers between the crazy guests. That would be a waste of space and therefore money.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Yeah, we can't do that. We're not set up to accept deposits or charge credit cards after checkout like most other places.
            So whoever makes your corporate rules doesn't feel it worthwhile to be able to charge a guest damages if after they leave you discover they took an axe to the furniture? Or do they think the desk clerk has to time to go inspect each room at check out time?

And you have my great respect for putting up with all those others - some people are just SC's no matter where they are, but I firmly believe people like you see more than the rest of us cause some people who are nice and considerate and a joy to be around when they are at home, seem to feel it's ok to turn into raging lunatics, SC's and EW's when they're away from home with people who will never see them again.

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Columbian dude rocks. XD Also, what was with those two paranoid SC's? I don't like adjoining doors to strangers either, but come on! Really? Ugh. Some people.

Comment

Working...
              X