Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes, the register is closed. Yes, it really is closed.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, the register is closed. Yes, it really is closed.

Recently a few of our older (and supposedly soon to be replaced) registers were having some various technical issues, resulting in us having to close them for various reasons. Most customers got the hint with the "CLOSED" signs up, but not all.

SC: *older SC walks up to closed register, puts stuff down* Hello!
    M: Yes?
    SC: Ring me up!
    M: This register is closed, you will have to pay at <other register>.
    SC: But You're here! Your OPEN!
    M: Unfortunately, the register is closed now due to technical issues, so I cant ring you up.
    SC: No, no , no, no. I'm older and wise enough to know that you just don't want to ring me up.
    M: Sir, I can't ring you up because the register is broken, and therefore CLOSED until it is fixed. The registers by ...
    SC: No, no! I said I'm smart enough to know you're lazy and don't want to help me. I know poor customer service when I see it.
    M: ...
    SC: *yells* THIS THE REASON WE HAVE A BAD ECONOMY! BUNCH OF LAZY CHILDREN! *stomps off*

I watch as the old and wise adult, er, child stomp off and dump the items on a nearby shelf.

Quoth mattm04 View Post
    SC: *yells* THIS THE REASON WE HAVE A BAD ECONOMY! BUNCH OF LAZY CHILDREN! *stomps off*
    Man, I've heard a lot of different reasons we are in a recession. Retail workers refusing to ring people out is a first for me, though.
    Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
    Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
    Fiancee: What?!
    Me: Nevermind.

Comment

wow... the dude stomps off because the register is closed for repairs.

Oh, no no no! I'm old enough to realize then customers cant't act their age and throw a fit because the register's closed.
      NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Geez, what a raging bitch.
        ......../\
        ....../__\
        ..../\...../\
        ../__\../__\

Comment

Technical issues aside, you could have been closed because you were... going on break or going home. Old EW.

Comment

She's the one acting like a little kid throwing a tantrum. Despite her age you should have asked, "ugh.. throwing a tantrum are we? Where exactly is your mother or father? Why aren't they supervising you?"

Comment

This guy is a perfect example of why we need to be able to be rude back. Its my beleif that the majority of SCs are they way they are only because they get away with it.

Comment

"No, I don't want to ring you up; you're calling me a liar."
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
                  This guy is a perfect example of why we need to be able to be rude back. Its my beleif that the majority of SCs are they way they are only because they get away with it.
                  Yes, they are rude because nobody will call them on their crap. However, we really don't want to sink to their level, it makes them feel "justified". Like that saying goes, when you wrestle with a pig, you both get dirty, but the pig likes it.

If there's another way to get the message across without sinking to that level, I'd like to know it.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

It amazes me at how obnoxious some people can be. My store manager was changing out the credit card machine on our main register on Thursday. She had re-booted the computer afterwards. I was ringing on our back-up register to allow time for the other one to-reboot. I put moved a small candy rack over to close off the register. The register finished re-booting so I started using it but it did not re-boot the credit card machine correctly. I paged my store manager because the credit card machine was not working and I needed her to void the transaction. The customer I was ringing was nice about everything. I re-rang her order on another register since her credit card was never recognized. My boss is trying to fix the issue and some idiot comes up and starts putting his stuff down in front of her after I told him that register was closed because it was broken. I still have a candy rack sitting there to close it off too. This idiot ignores everything and rather rudely asks the store manager to ring her up. My boss looks up and tells her that this register is broken and she can not check her out. My boss notices I am starting to get a line so she calls my co-worker in COS to start ringing up people over there. She lets this customer know that there is no waiting and she can check out in Cosmetics. She called my store manager a B**ch and walked away. Our COS manager helped get rid of the line I had and told me to go ahead and pager her if I needed help again. My boss did get the main register fixed but it took forever because she had to call corporate for help. My boss and I were talking after I got rid of my line and she could not believe someone actually talked to her like that. This was not a regular customer and my boss told me that if I saw her again and she started acting like that with me that I should page her immediately and she would tell her to take a hike.

Comment

Quoth retailworker7 View Post
                      She lets this customer know that there is no waiting and she can check out in Cosmetics. She called my store manager a B**ch and walked away.

My boss and I were talking after I got rid of my line and she could not believe someone actually talked to her like that. This was not a regular customer and my boss told me that if I saw her again and she started acting like that with me that I should page her immediately and she would tell her to take a hike.
                      I actually had to read that twice--she's never had anyone call her names? And she works in Customer Service? Just how mew a manager is she? That's an everyday occurrence.
                      Kudos on the "page me and I'll boot her sorry ass" though!

Comment

Quoth foxytales View Post
                        I actually had to read that twice--she's never had anyone call her names? And she works in Customer Service? Just how mew a manager is she? That's an everyday occurrence.

Unfortunately, very unfortunately, it is an everyday occurrence. I wished people wouldn't act like rotten spoiled brats everytime they walk into a retail store (and being abusive to the employees in the process). It shouldn't HAVE to be that way, but many people just don't show respect for people that work in retail and all they have to go through.

Comment

Quoth foxytales View Post
                          My boss has actually worked retail for quite a while. She has been yelled and screamed at plenty by customers but has actually never had anyone swear at her like that.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                            Yes, they are rude because nobody will call them on their crap. However, we really don't want to sink to their level, it makes them feel "justified". Like that saying goes, when you wrestle with a pig, you both get dirty, but the pig likes it.

If there's another way to get the message across without sinking to that level, I'd like to know it.
                            Yes there are several.

one is to pretend to ring the purchases up and then charge a rediculous price to the customer, "that will be 5 thousand, 4 hundred and 32 dollars ans 10 cents sir!"

"Oh that's not right? Well maybe it has something to do WITH THE CASH REGISTER BEING BROKEN!!!"

The second

SC: You are just being lazy
                            Me: Why, Yes, Yes I am, now if you will excuse me, you are interupting my nap

Comment

Well, of course...stores are not in business to make money, therefore it is to your advantage to pretend to close registers so customers can't buy things and GTFO...
                              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X