Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes You Have to Pay Tax and Stop Following Me Around the Store Asking Me For Prices

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes You Have to Pay Tax and Stop Following Me Around the Store Asking Me For Prices

I had a customer that had multiple orders today while I was working in Cosmetics. I finally finish her 6+ transactions and she suddenly decides she thinks she was over-charged. I have already explained to this women where on the receipt it shows the amounts taken off for coupons. After the first transaction I asked for all her coupon for each transaction and put them in immediately after them items because she was too stupid to read the receipt. I also explained to her that coupons never cover tax. I have 4 other people waiting for me at this time too. The Assistant Manager was bringing me change so he is standing there listening to this conversation too. He asks to see one of her receipts and asks what she thinks is wrong. She tells him and he calmly looks at her and says there is no discount on sales tax and this is correct. Right after he says that she looks at me and says I forgot I had to pay tax thanks for your help.

Later in the day I am trying to put clearance tags on the stuff on the clearance end rack. A customer asks me to help his wife find some lotion in skincare. I help her find it. They tell me they are done shopping so I ring them up. I am running around helping other people and going into the office to print tags. This same customer approaches me as I am putting up the tags and starts asking me for prices on other stuff since I have a Telazon. I answer his questions and ask if there is anything else he needs help with. I step away to ring someone else up and go pick up more tags. I am then helping another customer find stuff. This jerk keeps interupting me and following me around the store asking me for prices on random items that have real shelf tags in front of them and are not on sales. The manager now on duty is working on something in one of the aisles this jerk is following me around in and he walks up and explains the concept of shelf tags to the customer. At this point I just walked away and let the manager deal with him.

Then I also had some jerk that would not make up his mind and kept causing voids. The manager finally told him to please finish his shopping before checking out. Today was just plain weird there where times I actually had more people in line in Cosmetics than were in line at the main register. Normally Cosmetics is supposed to back up the main register when they get too busy. I was busy enough that if I did not call for customers when Register 1 needed help that both the managers assumed I was busy and rang customers up themselves. I wound up working 40 minutes late to get the clearance tags done. At least my boss thanked me for staying late. I had so much crap people ditched on the counter in COS that one of my bosses made the Photo Tech start doing my put-aways because I was too busy. My poor co-worker who was closing got stuck with the rest. Fortunately my co-worker is really nice and was cool with helping clean-up. She had a question for the manager about a re-set he was doing and he also let her know that I had been swamped all day.

Some people just can't get their brains in gear. It makes you wonder how they function in other areas of their lives...on second thought, don't wonder about that, it's bound to cause a headache.

I'm glad your manager had the sense and decency to back you.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Sorry my customers wandered over to your store.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        Sorry my customers wandered over to your store.
        Lol. Please keep your customers in your store today. I really need a normal slow Monday to get caught up on my work from yesterday.

Comment

Quoth retailworker7 View Post

Then I also had some jerk that would not make up his mind and kept causing voids.
          While he kept you busy his partner was stealing everything he could.
          "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

I can't wrap my mind around the idea that some people either don't know they have to pay sales tax, or they "forgot." Seems more likely she was trying to pull some kind of half-assed scam.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
              While he kept you busy his partner was stealing everything he could.
              I was thinking that too. I asked a co-worker to check on that by making it look like I had a customer that had been asking me questions and had wandered off.

Comment

Working...
              X