This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Am I Suppose To Do Then?

As the title indicates, small parts of this may become ranty instead of amusing. >.>

I also admittedly haven't written much this week. It's been a bad week, physically speaking, which takes its toll both on your sense of humour and the energy you have to accomplish anything. Even right now I'm teetering between Good Day / Bad Day. As there is still at least 2-3 Bad Days per week.

Sharing is Caring

Look, don't take this the wrong way, but it is possible to share too much. I'm sure your a lovely person and perhaps there is at least one or two people in your life with whom sharing this level of information is perfectly acceptable. However, I, a complete stranger on the other side of the continent, am not one of these people.

Don’t believe me? Well, let us review then. You're calling just to get a call back from the company. This requires only your name and number. But here is what I know so far:

1) Your occupation.
    2) Your marital status. ( Recently divorced )
    3) The reason for your marital status. ( He cheated on you with a coworker )
    4) Your maiden name.
    5) Your intention to revert to your maiden name.
    6) Everything he recieved in the settlement.
    7) Everything you recieved in the settlement.
    8) That you own a little winery.
    9) That you got to keep this in the settlement despite him wanting it.
    10) That you would like to set the winery up as a side business.
    11) You think the winery could use a new roof.
    12) Maybe the garage too.
    13) Your marital status. ( Just in case I forgot in the last 30 seconds ).
    14) That you're better off without him.
    15) Oh, and the winery, you still have a winery. It is very lovely.

Now let us review what I don’t know about you so far:

1) Your phone number.

See the problem? I have two questions: Name and phone number. You, however, have answered 15 questions yet still managed to miss one.

How Did You Get That Wrong?

Me: “And your name please?”
    SC: “Steven”
    Me: “Is that Steven with a V or a PH?”
    SC: “Uh, T”

While your….statement….may be factually correct, it does not actually answer my question. In fact it has no real bearing on my question whatsoever. I tried to make this easy for you, you know. I really did. I gave you all the tools you needed to succeed in facing this challenge. I mean it was a multiple choice question with only two options. Yet still, still you somehow found a way to fail at it.

A Variety Of Services

SC: “My boyfriend was talking to someone online”

Yes, very interesting…..who are you again? You seem to have mistaken me for someone else. Or perhaps for some sort of private detective agency? While our talents are many here, I fear that is not on the list of services we can provide. Although if there was sufficient demand, we may begin offering that service. If you like, you can leave your name and number, and we’ll contact you if/when our new operator training regime begins to include fingerprinting techniques.

SC: “He wants to come to Canada”

As many do, I’m sure. But we do not offer immigration service’s either. Although if there was sufficient demand, we may begin offering that service. If you like, you can leave your name and number, and we’ll contact you if/when our new operator training regime begins to include immigration law.

SC: “Is this the company that brings you to Canada?”
    Me: “No, sorry.”

Brings you? That sounds a tad odd. Are you really talking about immigration here? Because we do not offer smuggling services at this time. Although if there was sufficient demand, we may begin offering that service. If you like, you can leave your name and number, and we’ll contact you if/when we purchase an unmarked shipping vessel registered out of Algeria.

Soundtrack

Me: “You’re heat isn’t working?”
    SC: “No.”

Well, it’s not that I don’t sympathize, however….and I sincerely hope I’m not just hallucinating this, but for some reason there seems to be some kind of mystery themed music that has begun playing half way through this call. I’m assuming it is on your end, and not in my head. But if the soundtrack is any indication, you don’t need maintenance, you need Miss Marple. Nothing is wrong with your furnace, the problem is that villainy is afoot.

Yet More Variety

“Do you know the number to a towing company?”

Hmm, no, not off the top of my head unfortunately. It’s also not a service that we normally provide. Although…..

That's Not a Requirement, Trust Me

Me: “And do you have an email address?”
    SC: “Oh, no, I didn’t go to school.”

…Alright? Well, unfortunate as your childhood may have been, having an email address does not actually require an education. Believe me. 10 minutes on the Internet should make this starkly apparent. I mean there are household pets that have email addresses. Trust me when I say the bar is set pretty low, you shouldn’t have any problems.

Gah, Really

Thank you, intrepid caller! Because of you, I have learned many new things which have further dimmed my opinion of society. Yes, without your kind help, I never would have come to the following realizations:

1) Gears of War sneakers actually exist.
    2) We sell Gears of War sneakers.
    3) Somewhere out there, is actually a person that wants to wear Gears of War sneakers.
    4) This person apparently woke up at 2am and went “You know what? I want to wear an X-Box game on my feet. I must make immediately plans to make this happen.” Before proceeding to the phone.

Again? Really?

( Yes, its the same damn guy calling a few days later to order moar )

Me: “And your name please?”
    SC: “Steven”
    Me: “Is that Steven with a V or a PH?”
    SC: “Ummm, T”

Really, dude? Really? You know, I’m not sure what’s worse. The fact you’re actually calling again or the fact you actually got that question wrong again.

What Am I Suppose To Do Then?

Now, I merely need to rant for a minute. Usually, I only get crap from one end of the equation at work: The callers. Occasionally, I get crap from a client, but its rare. However, once in a blue moon, the planets align and I get crap from both ends at the same time. Usually this is the client's fault one way or another.

Case in point: We have one client, who thankfully gets calls rather rarely, who basically doesn't want to have anything to do with their customers. So somehow they had the brilliant idea of not only having us field their calls, but having us dispatch their calls based on the problem at hand. IE: Plumbing problem, make us call the plumber. Broken window, make us call a glass company. Etc etc. They don't want to be anywhere in the loop at all.

The vital flaw in all of this is that we're not the client, so we can't authorize any sort of service that would cost the client money. AKA every single problem someone would be calling about. You can see how this could rapidly turn every single call into a problem, and you'd be right!

This weekend I had a call from one of the client's tenants ( They manage condos ), about a parking gate. Specifically, the gate flipped its shit and is going up and down over and over. In the process, it beat the shit out of this poor guy's car. Busted the front and rear windows, dented the hood, etc. So he's pretty upset obviously. On top of that, the gate being open is a security problem ( Druggies like to try and run under the gate after a car gos in and then leisurely break into every car in the lot at night ).

I can't send someone to fix it because I don't work for the company. I have to call the dude that manages the building. Who promptly flips his shit on me and tears a strip off me for even daring to call him about anything short of the building being on fire or a murder in the front lobby. He was really an ass about it too, talking to me like I was 5 years old. My protests and explainations were futile. He told me that if *I* wanted it fixed ( Yes, he specifically said if I wanted to fix it. ) I could call the service company if I wanted too. But otherwise I could fark off and don't I dare ever call him again.

Of course I call the service company and they tell me I can't authorize a service call because I'm not the building manager. Just as predicted.

So I spent the rest of the shift stuck between a rock and a hard place. Client doesn't want to do shit. But tenants are obviously quite pissed off that anyone can just stroll into the parkade and break into their car. They also can't enter or leave the parkade without the gate destroying their car. So tough shit if you have to go to work or something, kids!

Nrrrrrr.

Im thinking when a recently divorced woman keeps reminding you of her marital status and the fact that she has her own business means she is hitting on you. She is letting you know that she is available and that she has income... for some reason they dont let the fact that they are often batshit crazy deter them.

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
      Im thinking when a recently divorced woman keeps reminding you of her marital status and the fact that she has her own business means she is hitting on you. She is letting you know that she is available and that she has income... for some reason they dont let the fact that they are often batshit crazy deter them.
      I was trying to reject that theory despite her random interjections of comments like "What was your name? Oh, that's a nice name, I like that" by logic of the fact there's a continent worth of distance between us.

Trying, anyhow. >.>

Comment

Uhhh, I don't even know what to say.

What job are you doing currently gravekeeper?

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
          What job are you doing currently gravekeeper?
          I am merely a call centre drone despite my appearence of many talents ( I really need to write my way out of this job >.> ). Unfortunately this is the precise job that has maligned me physically and I am attempting to recover from that injury whilst going right back and doing the same thing that injured me to begin with. It is going about as well as you would expect such a brilliant plan to go ;p

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
            So I spent the rest of the shift stuck between a rock and a hard place. Client doesn't want to do shit. But tenants are obviously quite pissed off that anyone can just stroll into the parkade and break into their car. They also can't enter or leave the parkade without the gate destroying their car. So tough shit if you have to go to work or something, kids!
            I hope you let him know that the car damage opens the management up to massive lawsuits from the car owner's insurance company unless he authorizes the repair.
            DJ Particle

Comment

oo, uck. Yeah, I work a call center too. I hate this place for many many reasons. There's been articles on the net about how call centers are the most stressful jobs in the world, and not just because of the customers.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
                oo, uck. Yeah, I work a call center too. I hate this place for many many reasons. There's been articles on the net about how call centers are the most stressful jobs in the world, and not just because of the customers.
                Its actually rather impressive as its like long term progressive damage that sneaks up on you then you wonder what the Hell happened. ;p

Comment

Was hoping for better news on your back by now Hope it gets better soon.

Rapscallion

Comment

As the title indicates, small parts of this may become ranty instead of amusing. >.>
                    Rant away, Gk. Lord knows, you've more than earned the right.

You, however, have answered 15 questions yet still managed to miss one.
                    Oh, she's getting to it.

She doesn't so much want a call back as she does a phone friend.

1) Gears of War sneakers actually exist.
                    2) We sell Gears of War sneakers.
                    3) Somewhere out there, is actually a person that wants to wear Gears of War sneakers.
                    4) This person apparently woke up at 2am and went “You know what? I want to wear an X-Box game on my feet. I must make immediately plans to make this happen.” Before proceeding to the phone.
                    Considering all of the various bizarre merchandising I've seen floating around (a Hello Kitty gun?!? [yes, I know there are worse] ), this surprises me not in the least.

I would do two things:

First: I would make the call like the client requested, and then, when it came to the point of the service company requiring him to authorize the service, I would give them his phone number. I would warn them that he is a douchebag and will likely blow up at them and apologize for setting them up like that, but he's making you call when he knows you can't authorize the service. He's the one that can do it, so I'd make sure he got all the calls about it.

Second: I would let every subsequent caller know that the service had been called and that they will work on the problem once the asshole manager gave the service company authorization to go ahead. It's both the truth and not, on the face of it, badmouthing the fucktard.

I don't know if it would do any good, but I'd also consider taking this to management and asking how they want to deal with this. You're doing the answering part correctly, but after that, he's demanding that you do something you have no power to do and getting on your case for failing to commit fraud on his behalf. I'd definitely make a point that he seems to desire that you commit fraud on his behalf in your company's name so that he doesn't actually have to do his job.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                      Was hoping for better news on your back by now Hope it gets better soon.

Rapscallion
                      Turns out its my pelvis ( tilted the wrong way ), the back is just a secondary cause ( its causing my lower back to curve too deeply ). Apparently our desks and chairs at work managed to change the alignment of my entire skeletal structure. Which my original doctor totally missed so I basically spent the last year and a half or so since my original injury making the root cause of it worse thanks to him. Now its so far gone I'm not entirely sure I can correct it myself without the dedicated help of a therapist a few times a week.

Which I can't really afford time or money wise. So just have to do what I can with the physio exercises I've got that I can do at home.

Comment

Me: “And do you have an email address?”
                        SC: “Oh, no, I didn’t go to school.”

And have been living under a rock too, apparently..

That condo owner needs to be reported to whoever you can report them too.. That is just bullshit right there.
                        http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                          First: I would make the call like the client requested, and then, when it came to the point of the service company requiring him to authorize the service, I would give them his phone number.
                          Would love too, but no service company would make that call. Also, the client would call me back and tear me a new one. Then it would turn into a shit storm for the client care dept. >.>

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                          Second: I would let every subsequent caller know that the service had been called and that they will work on the problem once the asshole manager gave the service company authorization to go ahead
                          Yes, well, luckily, we do not accept responsibility on behalf of our clients for a variety of reasons. We also aren't obligated to lie on their behalf about what has transpired.

Comment

Would love too, but no service company would make that call. Also, the client would call me back and tear me a new one. Then it would turn into a shit storm for the client care dept. >.>
                            So... what exactly do your bosses want you to do? I mean, you're basically getting the instruction of "Book service calls for this client, but only the ones that DON'T COST MONEY. Of course, they expect us to book all service calls, so, MAKE THEM ALL MAGICALLY NOT COST MONEY."
                            Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Quoth Polenicus View Post
                              So... what exactly do your bosses want you to do? I mean, you're basically getting the instruction of "Book service calls for this client, but only the ones that DON'T COST MONEY. Of course, they expect us to book all service calls, so, MAKE THEM ALL MAGICALLY NOT COST MONEY."
                              There's no problem with my bosses ( I actually like them, strangely enough ), this is between the client and their service companies. Its the client that dicated these instructions, if they do not work, its the clients problem to fix, not ours. As they're the ones that will lose business.

We also tend fire clients who are too difficult or otherwise abusing our services or our staff in some way.... -.-

Comment

Working...
                              X