X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its not your account! ((long))

Call Center for BorgSphere Cellphones.

A call gets escalated to me. Agents tell me that guy wants to talk about an account but cant authorize it. Please keep in mind I did the entire call in a dead like monotone.

Me: Im sorry sir, but you cannot verify any information on the account, not even the account owners name therefore I cannot give you any account spedific information.
    SC: But its my **account, why the *** cant you talk to me about my own go***amn account!
    Me: Sir, your name isnt even close to the name that I am showing on this account. You have not been able to provide any information other than the cell phone number you are calling from and that isnt enough to authorize an account.
    SC: What do you mean its not my account! Whos *** account is it then! !!ELEVENTY!!
    Me: Im sorry sir, but I cannot give out ANY account information. At all. All I can answer are general questions about our services and policies.

At this point SC rages on about... something. There was a lot of swearing involved, I tend to filter out nonsense.

Me: I understand you are upset. But because of security reasons I cannot discuss this account with you.

SC: Well then just cancel the ** account then. Just *** cancel the ** account!!!
    Me: Sir, I cannot cancel an account without being able to authorize the account. And only the account owner can cancel an account even were you able to authorize it.
    SC: I dont give a ** just cancel it!
    Me: No.
    SC: What the ** do you mean ** no! If you cant talk to me about it then just ** cancel it!!!
    Me: I cant because of policy.
    SC: I bet you can to ** do it. So ** cancel it and Ill hang up!
    Me: Sir, per company policy I cannot do anything to this account without (gets cut of)
    SC: Are you gay! You sound like one of those flaming faggots to me. I bet your not helping me cause your gay.
    (wondering what exaclty a gay person might sound like)
    Me: I promise you my sexual preferences have nothing to do with company policy.
    SC: But you arent denying it you fag!
    Me: No sir, Im not confirming it either. I am merely following policy.
    SC: Why cant you just cancel the account!
    Me: Ive already answered that question. I cannot make any changes to this account for you nor can I divulge any account information.
    SC: What can you do for me then!
    Me: I can give you general information concerning our services.
    SC: Well.. then cancel the account! *** damn it!!!
    Me: No, is there anything I can help you with that is not related to the account that you do not own nor can you verify?
    SC: YOu can cancel the **ing account!!!
    Me: Ill take that as a no then, in that case I will have to end this call as it is not fair to my other callers that need my assistance as you have no other questions for me.
    SC: Well then tell me about all your services! I want to get my own account.
    Me I would be happy to sir. How many lines of service do you think you need?
    SC: What the **. Just tell me about all of them!
    Me: I could do that sir. But I can much better assist you if know what you are looking for. For instance is this personal or for a business? We have plans to suit both.
    SC: Tell me about both!
    Me: Okay, how many lines are looking for and how many minutes?
    SC: Just tell me about everything.
    Me: Okay, (at this point I bring up the terms of service and start reading them)
    Sc: What the ** are you doing?
    Me: Reading the terms of service that everyone should know before starting an account. You said to tell you everything.
    SC: Thats not what I **ing meant!!!
    Me: Then what did you want?
    SC: I want to cancel this account.
    Me: No.
    SC: ** you ** ** *** $$ @#*)()$*@)(%*)@$#(_)#@($)(@*%#)(@$#)($@#
    Me: And you have a wonderful day to sir.
    SC: *** you ((click))

The original agent saw me on break and was astounded that I was able to keep a monotone voice the whole time. Told me she about lost it when I started reading the ToS.

Great job. It's hard to believe there are people out there with that much free time on their hands, that they are willing to waste on trying to cancel an account that is obviously not their own. But, once again, we have evidence that it happens...
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

You. Are. Awesome.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

A real winner.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Nice job learning to keep your cool. I know I couldn't, because I worked customer service for almost 5 years, up to a short time ago. Now I have had to apply for worker's comp due to stress-induced panic and anxiety attacks. I don't think I will ever be able to be effective in the field again as a result, tones and ringing noises literally make me panic now. Fortunately, I have found some work as a transcriptionist.

Comment

I am in awe, that was fantastic...
            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

You kick an epic amount of ass. I will definitely remember to keep a ToS handy for such a situation. Not much call for it at my current position but who knows...?

Comment

That's freaking beautiful. You RAWK!!

Disturbingly though, that call sounds a lot like my friend's ex. He is currently trying to do that EXACT same thing to her. He's been trying to make her life as miserable as possible, and he already managed to get a couple of her accounts closed.
                By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
                  Nice job learning to keep your cool. I know I couldn't
                  I would have lost patience and hung up long before that. I think Seraph may be right: a spiteful ex-SO of the real account holder trying some infantile prank.
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I dont think I could do that now. As I get older I have less and less tolerance for raving stupid.

// get off my lawn!

Comment

That was a classic!

As for your reading the TOS ... well, he did say "Just tell me about everything ..."

Comment

If you aren't one of my favorite people to listen to, where I work, then you have an escalation twin! The poor guy was told that he doesn't have a deep enough voice to be a leader. That is one of the few times I've seen someone get under his skin.

Comment

*sniff* That was beautiful! *sniff*

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
                            SC: Are you gay! You sound like one of those flaming faggots to me. I bet your not helping me cause your gay.
                            (wondering what exaclty a gay person might sound like)
                            Yeah, that's exactly it. I could help you, but that would take away from my butt-pirating, fudge-packing, anal shenanigans time. You can see the bind I'm in.

As for what a gay person might sound like, think Big Gay Al on South Park. "I'm thuper! Thankth for athking!" I don't understand it either.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
                              I dont think I could do that now. As I get older I have less and less tolerance for raving stupid.
                              Many of us in customer service are becoming the same way. And sadly, the customers are growing more and more raving stupid.

I'm wondering when the whole thing is going to finally meltdown.
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X