This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth C. Cecil Ivanish View Post
    AgentP: I still cannot assist you any further though. Please contact US support. I cannot do much else, you need to contact US support.
    SC: Yes I will do exactly that do not worry. But that doesn't answer my question does it? My theoretical question you are forbidden to answer.
    AgentP: You can also try contacting your bank and get them to cancel the payment.
    Hypothetically speaking didn't Agent P just theoretically answer his theoretical question right there?
    You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
      Wait, so he has a US account, and you're in the EU, yet he lives 31 miles away? The plot thickens!
      I play Lord of the Rings on a German account and server <shrug> just took a little creative wriggling to arrange it.

But then I have a GMX email account with a german address[thanks christian...]

Hmmm, maybe Ill get a german bank account this next trip...
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I've played different games on all sorts of non-NA servers. Mostly due to others I was grouping with being on those servers, or due to different maintenance schedules. It's not all that uncommon.

My biggest question is why the hell did he give someone else his information for a recurring charge? Did he have a long-distance girlfriend who then dumped him and now he wants to cut off her game access?

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Oh man I wanted to beat him with a baseball bat. What a moron.

Apparently he thinks that if he can get you to answer his "hypothetical question," he somehow has accomplished something. Points in the Big Cosmic Book of Assholes, maybe?
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm thinking one of the worst things someone in support could do would be to answer a hypothetical question with any kind of answer besides "I can't answer that". Whatever you say, the SC will take as irrefutable truth, and they'll use it against you. Sad.
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Honestly, I'm not sure why he was so hung up on his 'hypothetical' question. If he somehow can't reach the US accounts team by phone, e-mail or chat session due to the World Wide Web and telecom and satellite networks all crumbling to dust this instant and the North American continent disappearing beneath the waves of the ocean, he can still contact his bank and request they put a block on the company based on not being able to contact them and cancel his account.

Comment

Quoth lineswine View Post
                Kudos to you for giving us such an assclown to laugh at.
                My pleasure, my pleasure.
                Quoth lineswine View Post
                A tip o' the hat to SuperP, as he was behind you all the way.
                Mind, I am SuperP's super and I was ready to kick in and threaten Asshat with a ban...
                Quoth Squeaksmyalias View Post
                So are you planning a field trip to drive past his house to point and laugh?
                Actually AgentP's boyfriend (who is a MMA fighter, apparently) has a tournament in his hometown next weekend
                Quoth Jetfire View Post
                PS: You might want to search for a certain geometric shape in your OP that sort've gives away your company.
                Meh, it is referred to something else, isn't it? Hm. OK, I'll remove it to be 100% safe. Thanks!
                Quoth Syriilord View Post
                With reference to his "hypothetical" question though, as far as your company is concerned, if they're taking payments from his account, he must have given permission to do so. And if he is unable to contact them and remove that permission, then wouldn't they simply assume they still had that permission and continue to take his money? Or is such an answer too obvious and logical for him to work out himself?
                Too obvious, too logical, too smart. And it wouldn't give him the chance to troll us.
                Quoth TeaHouseLackey View Post
                Ouch. Sounds like SC sold off his account (blah blah against TOS, blah) without clearing out his payment information. Now whomever picked it up is having his new [in-game reference] mule paid for on SC's credit card. Double fail on the SC's part.
                Amen to this. And he deserves this!
                Quoth thehuckster View Post
                Wait, so he has a US account, and you're in the EU, yet he lives 31 miles away? The plot thickens!
                He is in the EU, actually in the UK. And has a North American account (US and Canada).
                Some thought that the servers in the US were "better" (a secret: all the servers are in a single country); others thought that they would pay less if they paid in US Dollars, which you can only do from the USA (not true). Others are dumber.
                Quoth Caractacus_Potts View Post
                Hypothetically speaking didn't Agent P just theoretically answer his theoretical question right there?
                In theory, yes.
                Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                My biggest question is why the hell did he give someone else his information for a recurring charge? Did he have a long-distance girlfriend who then dumped him and now he wants to cut off her game access?
                That is actually the best hypothesis I have heard.
                FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

I seem to recall some hypothetical question assholes when I worked in retail. I think I usually fended them off by saying "I can't speculate, you should ask the manager over at the service desk."

Alternate response: "I don't deal in hypotheticals. The FDA can come down on you for that."
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Hanzoku View Post
                    Honestly, I'm not sure why he was so hung up on his 'hypothetical' question.
                    Because, since he wasn't the account-holder, just the card-holder, it wouldn't matter what team he talked to. He was looking for someone to make a statement he thought he'd be able to use against them when he took it to somewhere else like, say, court.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My (worthless) guess on his problem?

He's bought a pre-levelled character, and set up the card payments...
                      But hasn't changed the log-in details. Hence a uk player with a US account. He said the card was his "but the game account wasn't". Also he doesn't appear to know any of the account details.

The person he bought it from realised they still had account access, changed the log-in details and is selling (has sold) the account again. He's been ripped off and is looking to blame it on the game servers.

As the great Al Murray would say...

"Oh dear, what a pity, nevermind."

Comment

Quoth Bunny the Veggie Slayer View Post
                        As the great Al Murray would say...

"Oh dear, what a pity, nevermind."
                        Also: "Hang on, didn't I bar you?"
                        Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Bunny the Veggie Slayer View Post
                          My (worthless) guess on his problem?
                          He's bought a pre-levelled character, and set up the card payments...
                          But hasn't changed the log-in details. Hence a uk player with a US account. He said the card was his "but the game account wasn't". Also he doesn't appear to know any of the account details.
                          It actually makes a ton of sense... thanks for the suggestion!
                          FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

It sounded like he wanted to corner the employee into saying, "You will continue to be charged" or "No you will no longer be charged"

With the first response he could then claim that they were admitting to taking money from his account and possibly contact his bank with the information to try to stop the payment.

With the second, if the charges kept going through he could claim that they told him it would stop but it's not therefore he has a right to get the money back.

I'm thinking yeah... either he sold the account. OR he's trying to break into someone else's account to fuck with that person.

and that even the US side might not be able to fix it if he can't prove it's his account. Or if he slips up and points out it's not his gaming account...

cos if he admits that then the company cannot give him any information from the account whatsoever and he'll have to go to his bank and ask them about getting the number changed, and listing the card in fraud status... if they even let him.

Comment

With all the discussion abou the game account not being his, and why, I started to wonder if the bank account was his. If he lied about one, he could lie about the other.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                              X