This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude, get over it.

Ok, so I'm manning the desk last night and this guy comes over from the pool house. He's complaining that the Jacuzzi isn't getting hot at all, and he wants compensation or to check out with a full refund. The only reason he took the room was the 24 hour Jacuzzi, blah blah blah.

I tell him I'm not authorized to approve a refund, but I would be happy to help him fill out a guest concern form, and I can upgrade him to a room with a Jacuzzi in it, since the main one in the pool house does not seem to be working. This is a pretty big upgrade from the room he had. He had a standard king, and I'm upgrading him into a deluxe king with a 6' round Jacuzzi. He hems and haws, and then asks if he can get a discount for his troubles. I look at the rate he's paying, and it's ALREADY about $20.00 less than the regular rate for that room, and I wasn't planning on charging him any extra for the upgrade.

I gently inform him that I would not be giving him any further discount (at the rate he had, we would actually lose money if I did. We basically were already.), as his rate was already highly discounted, but I would be happy to upgrade him to the Jacuzzi room for no additional charge. He wants to think about it for a minute, and asks me "And what other options do you have for me?" I told him I had given him the best solution, and it was really all I could do. I could take his concern to management, and they would make a decision and get back to him, but it likely would be after he checked out. He didn't like this, and was unhappy that I was only giving him the option of: An upgrade at no additional cost, or leaving.

He takes the room, and I don't hear from him again.

I call my BF (who happens to work for my company, but in Maint.) and tell him the story. He tells me: "Yeah, it's not going to get hot. I pulled the pump out earlier today because it quit. We're replacing it tomorrow."

So.... WHO THE HELL TOLD THIS GUY THE JACUZZI WAS GOOD TO GO?!??! ELEVENTY!?!?!?!

I had to give him one of our best rooms for.... wait for it.... LESS THAN $70 bucks! Because of the Jacuzzi. Which we knew was broken.

SOoooooo.... Scammer? Or just ASShole?

*le sigh

I have another JoAnne story too, but I don't have the energy for it right now.

Quoth booMooDar View Post
    SOoooooo.... Scammer? Or just ASShole?
    I'd say he's both.

Comment

Quoth rageaholic View Post
      I'd say he's both.
      Yeah, that was the feeling I got. He tried so hard to get me to bend over and upgrade him AND refund him. NOT going to happen. Only our GM can approve refunds, and he does not do it lightly. I know who checked this guy in. She's our FD manager... I'll bet the reason his rate was so discounted was that he was informed the Jacuzzi was out, wanted a room anyway but wanted a deal. So she gave it to him. As soon as she left, he figured he could scam me into a free room. Not going to happen dude. We were pretty slow, so the upgrade really isn't that big a deal, it just pissed me off.

Comment

Pure scammer. If he was just upset over the jacuzzi not getting hot, he'd have jumped at the upgrade (hell, anyone with half a brain would jump at that offer). The fact that he had to think and asked for money rather than accept something that would satisfy what he said he wanted in the first place is a dead giveaway.

He likely knew the jacuzzi didn't work and though this was a great plan to stay for free.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          Pure scammer. If he was just upset over the jacuzzi not getting hot, he'd have jumped at the upgrade (hell, anyone with half a brain would jump at that offer). The fact that he had to think and asked for money rather than accept something that would satisfy what he said he wanted in the first place is a dead giveaway.

He likely knew the jacuzzi didn't work and though this was a great plan to stay for free.

^-.-^
          Totally agree with your assessment. The fact that once I upgraded him I never heard from him again was a little odd, though. Usually the scammers find some reason the upgrade isn't good enough, and end up at my desk at some point to ask for more.

Comment

I got upgraded a couple of months ago to a 2-person Jacuzzi room because the original (non-smoking) room smelled of smoke. You can bet I jumped all over THAT one! I think she offered it because I told her that I would be fine with them just sticking an ozone machine in there to get it deodorized; after that she practically insisted I take the upgrade! No complaints there; it was great! (I can't fit in a standard tub due to extremely long legs; I haven't taken a bath at home since high school, and I'm in my mid-30's now.)

Comment

Front desk should have noted on the account that he'd been told the Jacuzzi wasn't working, and already been given a discount. Ah well.
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

^-.-^
                This is the vibe I was getting as well. If it was really just about the jacuzzi, then he should have been happy to get this upgrade.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                  ...he'd been told the Jacuzzi wasn't working, and already been given a discount.
                  +1; I reckon this is why he got the original reduced rate. Scamtastic.
                  This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                  I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
                  X