This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customers perceived distance

this is not really sucky behavior but more of an expansion of how customers perceive things like time, conectivness, etc.

I took a call from the hotel right behind us.

at the end of the call when speaking with guests at this particular hotel we must tell the customer the following

"Just to let you know that the delivery driver will call you from the lobby desk as the security policies of <hotel> do not allow them to deliver to individual rooms. the driver will call you from the lobby desk and you will need to come there to pick up your order."

<there are reasons behind this but that is a bit immaterial at this point>

the customer then says (and I quote) "WELLLLLLLL I just had to DRIVE half a mile to get to my room. " <implying that I should delivery to her room just because>

now this is your sort of your standard run of the mill hotel NOT some big mega monster super delux sized Las Vegas/Atlantic City Honk Kong super sized mega resort with 50 floors, 20,000 rooms and 10 million square feet of space so the implication of vast distances is flawed.

no she was not sucky when I delivered to her and I got a nice tip but the distance perception is kind of a new one on me.

and to boot her room was less than 100 feet off of the lobby.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

if it was a mobility issue then I could understand not wanting to make the trip because it may be more difficult.. however it doesn't sound like the SC fit into that category... cos "lazy" doesn't count as a bonafide mobility issue.

however i'm glad she gave you a nice tip

Comment

*sighs* I've seen that before, a customer ranting and raving to some poor check in clerk (who of course has no authority to change anything) about having to come to the desk for pizza. Simple, rules are rules..you don't like it go to the people in charge, not somebody who has no authority to change anything.

As security I ran into similar things, and heard every excuse in the book. At least with my co-irkers (at the time) I could just pull out a paper and point to the rule..remind them about the FDA, and they would fall into line. *laughs*
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

She could've saved the delivery fee and tip if she would've gone to the place herself, instead of calling a place mere yards away for delivery.

Some people.

Wait. Sounds a bit like the MIL...unless it was a pepperoni pizza.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
        X