This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy people last night.

We had this wedding party in the hotel and they were just obnoxious! There were a ton of kids running around and no adults to be seen. I tried my best to keep them quiet, but my efforts were in vain. One room called and complained about the noise. My CW did something awesome! She comped the complaining room and split the amount between 3 rooms and had them pay. I really hope this becomes a new policy.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

So basically the SCs have to pay for the complainer's room? That is awesome!! Now if only she doesn't get into trouble for it!

Comment

I've worked on so many wedding parties in the past that have been like that. I hope for your sake that becomes a new policy! It sounds like an awesome idea!
      My Crafting Profile http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...ofile;u=139859

Comment

I don't think CW will get in trouble. She's our front desk supervisor. She also told me that other hotels have this policy. I've personally never heard this before, but perhaps other posters who work in hotels may tell me if they have this policy or not.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

The hotel I used to work in had a policy like that, where the noisemakers had to pay for the comped rooms.

Now, if we thought it was a frivolous complaint, we'd give a discount but just eat the loss. (You know the ones, who come down to the desk at 9 AM complaining about the noise from 2 AM. Night auditor =/= psychic, people).

Comment

Sounds perfectly right to me.
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I wish my hotel had that type of a policy.

Last summer, a rowdy group of young wrestlers stayed at the hotel and the parents did nothing to control them. Groups even have to sign a contract saying they will be in bed by 11:00 PM.

Of course many people called to the Front Desk complaining about the noise. The 3-11 shift as well as the audit shift (me at the time) called the head of the group to report the problems. She actually hung on me when I told her.

I told the manager the next day about what was going on and recommended he talk to the group personally. The following night, the same scenario. Some rooms were comped. But who got blamed for it? The front desk of course!

Our hotel follows the policy that any complaint or comped room is the front desk's fault, despite if evidence shows otherwise.

Comment

Working...
              X