This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my psychic abilities, sir...

We had a guy this week who had ordered a new hot water tank.

He was told it would be in on our truck on Tuesday.

What I didn't know, because nobody freakin' told me, was that the guy came in looking for his tank, and he was told we had just received the truck and we still had to go through it to sort it, but we would let him know when we found it

We got to the end of the truck on Thursday, only to discover that they had shipped the wrong tank.
    Now, on Wednesday, we did know we had a tank we didn't order, and we suspected our customer's tank had been shipped wrong, but until we actually finished sorting all of it, we couldn't say for sure.

The guy cam back on Thursday looking for his tank.

He was all pissed because nobody had called him about it.

They called me out to deal with the guy.
    He had been bitching to the people on the counter that he couldn't believe it took us 3 days to sort our load.
    Ummm....it was 2 damn trailers full of freight. We do well to get through it as quickly as we do.

I explained to the guy that we had just finished sorting everything, and his tank had been shipped wrong.
    He started bitching at me because he hadn't been called when he was told we would.

OK, I don't blame the guy for being upset because he had already ripped out his old one., but seriously, I am not psychic.

How the heck am I supposed to know on Tuesday that we were shipped the wrong tank in our load?

It's not my fault that I wasn't given the message to call him.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

I can understand the guy being annoyed, I would have been if I didn't have a hot water tank however I think I would know that your not the one to be blaming! I hate it when customers are having a bad day and you get it in the neck... *offers cookie*
    My Crafting Profile http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...ofile;u=139859

Comment

It really ticked me off when he was an expert on how long it should take us to sort a load of freight.

I get a kick out of people who have no idea about the inner workings of a store, yet they know exactly what is entailed in receiving a shipment.

Like I say, I can understand being upset too, but he kept saying to me, "I just don't understand why nobody called me about this."

We had only discovered the error within an hour of him coming in to the store.

It's not his fault either that nobody gave me the message, but when he had it explained to him, why keep ragging at me about it?

OK. Nobody called. They sent the wrong item.

He came walking into the warehouse to see what they sent instead. He didn't even wait for me to meet him at the door so I could show it to him.

Comment

And then we have the small detail that he should (yeah right) have waited till he had the new tank on hand before removeing the old one.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
          I get a kick out of people who have no idea about the inner workings of a store, yet they know exactly what is entailed in receiving a shipment.
          They are always fun to deal with. Somehow they think we can sort a entire shipment is seconds.

I had one SC who demanded I find a item that a CW said was supposed to come in on that days shipment. That shipment was 8 pallets. for all I knew that item was on the bottom of the pallet in the corer buried by 7 pallets, assuming it was actually shipped correctly and undamaged.

Bonus points: The SC claimed to have worked for a well know food service distributor in my area.

Comment

Some people. *offers chocolate*
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

The correct tank came in this week.
              I called the guy to tell him and he said, "I would think I should get a discount."
              I told him he would have to talk to a manager.

I gave a quick call to the manager so he would have a heads up in case the guy did ask.

Sure enough, he did ask...and he got it.
              They gave him $25 off the price.

He came around to the back to get it loaded in his vehicle.
              He rang the doorbell once, and before one of the guys even had time to get to the door (only a few seconds), he was ringing it again.

What a dick.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                I know, right? Other people's jobs always look easier than they actually are. The customers only see the surface, they never see what goes on behind the scenes. They don't see the loads of heavy merchandise that has to be lifted, counted, sorted, and made to fit into a space only half the size of what is needed. And that's on a good day, when you actually get what you ordered. Heaven help you if any of the shipment is wrong!

Not to mention the fact that for some reason, despite seeing throngs of people in the store, they always assume that they are the only customer the store is working with. "Why don't you have my order ready? You can't possibly have hundreds of other orders you have to sort through!"
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

This kind of thing happens way too often with our store. So many different people are involved in the whole process, from sales to billing to distribution to transportation to customer service. Sometimes things fall between the cracks. Yes, it's sucky, but we are all human and we all have a lot on our plates. People need to stop and think about the bigger picture and whether it's really worth their time and energy to raise holy hell. Sometimes it is...but rarely.
                  "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                  X