This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't use words you don't understand

More fun in the day of a multimedia giant.

Me: Thank you for calling Brand X, this is Redbeard how can i help you?
    CS: Yes, I keep trying to get on lie but it won't let me....
    ME: I'm sorry to hear that, can I have the phone number on your account?
    SC: I don't HAVE an account with you, I'm trying to get on line and it keeps telling me to log in to YOUR server, and I need you to make it stop
    ME: Okay, that's odd.....are you connecting wirelessly?
    SC: I am, and one of my neighbors must have an account, but it's not letting me use it! (She starts to get excited at this point)
    ME: Okay, ma'am, based on what you've told me, I am required to inform you that it is illegal to use someone else’s private access, even if the access isn't locked with a password.
    SC: But I have my OWN account through Cricket, I don't WANT to use his, now change it!
    ME: Okay, I apologize, I must have misunderstood what you were telling me. Sounds like your laptop is trying to access his network instead of your own somehow
    SC (talking over me) RIGHT! now fix it!
    ME: Please let me finish. so you need to change the network yourself, there's nothing I can do about it.
    SC: But it's trying to change to YOUR network, so you need to fix it!
    ME: Again, the issue is with your computer, your personal equipment, and has nothing to do with Brand X at all. It's something that only YOU can fix
    This goes on for about another 5 minutes, with her getting more and more frustrated that I can't punch my magic button and making it all betterSC: Well fine then I guess you people just have a monopoly! Hangs up
    I had a laugh over that one. I mean, did she expect me to magic my way onto her computer and make the changes that I TOLD her to make?
    Silly rabbit, I comfort myself in the warm fuzzy feeling of you calling up people complaining that your attempt to steal your neighbors service went awry (After all, you have to manually change your network, I’m guessing that she just screwed that up and couldn’t figure out how to undo it)
    Last edited by Redbeard; 10-03-2011, 03:08 AM.

Ah, a true fail on the customer's part!
    My Crafting Profile http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...ofile;u=139859

Comment

That's a whole new level of retarded......calling tech support and admitting you're stealing wireless cable.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I got lost somewhere in that post. Was she stealing someone else's Internet?
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

She admitted to it, then tried to cover it up by saying that she didn't know how to change her network on her computer, is what I got out of it.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Further cementing my belief that people should have to pass a basic test to be allowed access to computers. IF ONLY.

But I agree she was probably a thief who thought, "He's onto me! Better ramp up the crazy and stupid, and maybe he'll just do it to get rid of me."
            "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't."

Comment

The woman was a moron.

She was paying for Internet from another provider, but because her laptop spotted the other network (and she probably chose to swap to it because she's clueless and ignorant), she's calling them and claiming that they hijacked her laptop and that they had to do something to release it while completely ignoring them telling her how to fix it herself, since they couldn't since they didn't hijack the thing in the first place.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

SC's believe that tech support reps are the technical fairies that solve their issues with the wave of their wands!
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                  That's a whole new level of retarded......calling tech support and admitting you're stealing wireless cable.
                  Oh, that ramped it up to a NEW level of dumb. She called the sales department.

Comment

Working...
                  X