This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been a while since I had a good WTF-a-thon

Not too long, mind you. It is probably a good thing I did not personally deal with this guy.

Guy calls the swamp, asks the service desk lady to send somebody over to dinnerware. So she pages somebody over there, thinking this person is in the store and has called the store from a cell phone to summon help. Which is kinda clever, in a SC-ish sort of way.

We later come to realize he is not actually in the store, which is probably a good thing, because he wants a soup bowl. A soup bowl that can hold two cups of liquid. And to prove it, he wants the person taking his call to get a measuring cup, fill it with two cups of water, and pour it into the bowl. Which we are just not equipped to do. We're not going to take measuring cups and bowls off the shelf, get them wet and then try to dry them again so they're presentable to people who may want to buy them.

So the person taking the call told him no, and he answered "Why not? It's just water." She ended up measuring the water in the cup and pouring it in a bowl anyway, because she didn't recognize the guy's voice and thought he sounded "official"--i.e. was somebody from corporate.

Apparently she did not adequately satisfy the guy, because he called back six more times. Six. Times. Eventually she just made somebody else deal with him. I don't know if this guy wanted us to perform the two-cups test with every single soup bowl we have, and we have a lot of them.

Personally, I don't think this guy's soup bowl holds two cups, if you know what I mean. I think he's got issues that would best be resolved with a straitjacket and a ball gag.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Wait..what...no don't answer that, please don't answer that. I really don't want to know..
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

*blink*
      *blink*
      Right then.
      Sucky Employees = The result of sucky customers getting a job...

Comment

What is wrong with that loser? How much time did he have to waste on something as unimportant as a soup bowl?
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Well, that's a new one for me. And I have been in retail for a looong time.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            Well, that's a new one for me. And I have been in retail for a looong time.
            after all of the wierd shit I have seen/heard over the years ---- I too am going WTF?????
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Well if I was shopping for the item (bowl) with that feature specifically (holding amount) then I can kindof understand...

SC for taking up so much time over it and not knowing when to quit, but I can kindof understand wanting to have an item that meets the needs. Ok, enough sticking up for the crazy caller...
              Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                Personally, I don't think this guy's soup bowl holds two cups, if you know what I mean. I think he's got issues that would best be resolved with a straitjacket and a ball gag.
                Personally I thank various allows you to block the number internet calling services used by pranksters.

I will say he was at least creative.

Comment

We think--but we can't confirm--the caller is somebody who's given us trouble in the past.

He calls the store, asks the person taking the call all manner of stupid questions, and then just keeps calling back with more stupid questions or for no real reason. Eventually the person taking the calls has enough and pawns him off on somebody else.

And we really can't hang up on outside callers just because they're being stupid. Best we can do is "transfer" them, hang up, and hope they figure it was a mistake on our part.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

It almost sounds like a prank. A lot of prank calls consist of asking employees to do some weird stuff.
                    Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
                    Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
                    Fiancee: What?!
                    Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      I think he's got issues that would best be resolved with a straitjacket and a ball gag.
                      You think weird thoughts.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Ermmmm, if you pour X amount of liquid into a bowl, don't you still want some room left over? Or was Captain Insane-o taking that into account? (yes, I still appear to be in work mode & over analyzing, why do you ask? lol)
                        Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                        What's the difference?
                        We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

His life must hinge on the fact that his soup bowl can hold exactly 2 cups of liquid. AND GOD HELP HIM IF IT DOESN'T.

Comment

Some people are OCD enough that yes indeed they really *have* to have a bowl that will hold exactly some amount or another, or a plate has got to be a specific size ... people can be OCD about the damnedest stuff. I have a friend who has got to unplug every appliance in the house when she leaves it including the fridge and freezer. We cope with her by sneaking Rob back in to plug stuff back in just before leaving to go somewhere.

Apparently she is OCD about appliances causing fires. [At one point in time, early in the history of electricity appliances were hardwired into the house wiring and could indeed cause fires due to the rather primitive wire and post system, and the insulation on the wires. I would guess that issue is why some older folk are OCD about unplugging stuff, but it doesn't explain someone born in 1965.]
                            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Ye gods, I hate people like that. I really, really want to tell them to bring their lazy ass over here and look!

I had a manager at one store that told us that if we had to choose between someone on the phone and a customer at the store, pick the one already there. Because they had already taken the time to actually get in their car and drive over.

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                              Some people are OCD enough that yes indeed they really *have* to have a bowl that will hold exactly some amount or another, or a plate has got to be a specific size ...
                              It's not necessarily OCD.

I was making a dessert yesterday and needed two 10 oz ramekins, which, after searching through the cabinets, realized I didn't have anything anywhere near the right size. I didn't even have anything to combine it into one dish, which would not have worked anyway.

BUT, instead of calling, I took my ass over to Cost Plus and sussed out which one (since none of them are labelled) was 10 oz.
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                              X