This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never steal from a fat man!

This is from my old days of working for a certain chain of convenience stores, let's call em 8-12 just to pull some random numbers from the air.
    I’m working the evening shift in the store, which was in a more run down area of Salt Lake City and infamous for its beer runs, when I see a likely runner (Obviously underage, walks in with a purpose and heads straight for the beer section). Sure enough, he grabs the beer, sidles to the far wall nearest the door, and as soon as he gets to the 3 foot mark, takes off like a bat outta hell.
    Here’s where the fun starts.
    At the time it was pre-car wreck and leg injuries for me, so I was weighing in at around 245, 42 inch waist, 500 LB dead lift with my legs, and used to working at a self defense studio for a good 4-7 hours a day on my forms and working on the heavy bag, so I had myself a good lung capacity and fantastic endurance (I miss those days!)
    The guy looks back as he’s running out the door, sees me vault the slightly raised service counter and take off after him, after about 30 second, I’m gaining, he throws the beer and takes off across the street, just in time….
    For the police officer in the car that had been sitting dark in the covered parking tackle him, arrest his ass and laugh at the whole situation!
    We agreed that it was stupid of me, but he was as sick as we were of these little punks deciding that what was someone else’s was also theirs.
    My manager shook his finger at me, told me not to do it again, then high fived me.
    Ahh…good times

I worked at a Circle K right between LSU and the ghetto. We had beer runs all the time, but never when I was working. Finally one night two guys walk right past me and out the door as casual as can be. I run around the counter and catch up the them getting in a car backed into a spot. I memorize the plate number, and whip out my collapsible baton and smash their back window. They burn rubber peeling out but I also get the chance to smash one of their taillights. Then I head back in and call it in to the police, making sure to mention the smashed window, not mentioning that I did it.

Comment

That's beautiful!
      In Salt Lake if I had tried that I wuold have gone in for the damage...another reason I left that town!

Comment

Quoth Redbeard View Post
        My manager shook his finger at me, told me not to do it again, then high fived me.
        Don't you love managers like that?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

No offence... But that would be like watching a bear chasing after someone...
          Something I would of LOVED to see.
          Sucky Employees = The result of sucky customers getting a job...

Comment

Like that?

Comment

This is so epic! I love it!
              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                Like that?
                What? He just wants to play a round with them.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  What? He just wants to play a round with them.
                  "Boys, I suggest a new strategy: let the grizzly win."

"Why?"

"Because bears rip peoples' arms off if they lose."
                  What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

It does. Make you wonder who who win...

Tiger or Grizzly?

[Harry Hill] hmm, I like Tiger but I also like grizzly. There's only one way to find out...
                    FIGHT![/HH]

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                      "Boys, I suggest a new strategy: let the grizzly win."

"Why?"

"Because bears rip peoples' arms off if they lose."
                      *cue Grizzly laugh*
                      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Yup, one of my goals is in 12 months time to be able to put on that kind of speed and endurance again.
                        I will always remember the "Oh SHIT!" look on his face when I went after him

Comment

I worked at a Racetrack in a bad part of town for the graveyard shift right when I started going to TCU and it had the BEST TOYS EVER - Magnetic Door Locks.

Why were they fun? Because when you saw a snot nosed little punk starting a 'beer run', you'd wait until they started their bolt and *flick* CLACK! Doors lock a second before they hit the door and drop the beer (or jackpot, smash it and soak their clothes in beer). Caaaasually *flick* CLACK! unlock the door and let them leave without their prize aaaaand save video feed and fill out police report for attempted theft.

Comment

@UncleImpy:

Omg! That's so wicked awesome! :P
                            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Careful with stopping beer runs, though.

I have a friend who was working security at a convenience store (you know an area is bad when the local convenience shop hires it's own security guard) and he stopped some underage punks from boosting a couple of cases of beer by standing in the door way when they tried to leave.

So they picked up a couple more of their banger friends and waited until the place closed so the four of them could jump him. Weapons included a bit of pipe a piece of wood and a knife. They managed to cut a chunk of his cheek open and then stabbed him in the back. The clerk freaked out when he ran back inside calling for him to dial 911, 'cause of the way a bit of his cheek was dangling off his face.

Thankfully, they missed anything vital and he got out of it with a hospital stay and a wicked scar on his face that manages to do nothing to detract from his appearance. At least three of the punks ended up in jail for attempted 1st degree murder, among other things.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X