This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I talk to someone?

Myself, CW1, CW2 and M, the dept manager were working recently when the phone rang with a outside call. CW1 answered talked for a minute and called CW2 over and handed the phone to them. Nothing unusual, maybe the call was for CW2. A minute later CW2 motions me over and asks me to take the call.

M: Hi, can I help you?
    SC: Yes! *in exasperated tone* Do you carry *something i can't quite make out due to being partially mumbled, spoken fast and quietly*?
    M: I'm sorry, I didn't catch that last part. What were you looking for?
    SC: Sigh... Can I speak with SOMEONE ELSE who knows something?
    M: *looks for M nearby, didn't see them* I just didn't catch what you wanted? If you can repeat the part I can hep you.
    SC: SOME. ONE. ELSE. NOW!
    M: Please hold.
    SC: No no no!
    M: *hold*

I page M, and while wait for them to call me back CW1 and CW2 say the same thing happened. M calls back and I explain, they take the call.

A minute late I hear M page SM to take the call. Later M returns and eventually SM talks to the SC and finally gets them to tell them what they are looking for in a normal voice. We don't carry it, as it is a exclusive brand to <competitor>.

SM tell them that and the SC is furious that it takes 5 people to get a straight answer from us and no wonder only <competitor> sells said item. They also say were were all rude and unhelpful before they hang up.

I figured it would have been a personal item since the SC found it necessary to act like they were passing on a state secret. :/

Comment

I have trouble understanding foreign accents, yet accented folks are almost without fail utterly patient and polite while I try to make out what they're saying or have them spell the word(s) I don't understand. Yet the mumblers are so impatient! They can say the word without mumbling, which I can tell because they SCREAM it at me when I ask them to please repeat what they said.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        They can say the word without mumbling, which I can tell because they SCREAM it at me when I ask them to please repeat what they said.
        At which point I tell the caller I'm terminating the call due to them yelling in my ear. And then I hang up. My hearing is important to me and I intend to keep it as long as I can.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
          SC: SOME. ONE. ELSE. NOW!
          You. Are. Being. Disconnected. For. Being. An. Abusive. Twatwaffle!<click>
          I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Wow, I'm surprised you didn't hang up. If someone is that much of a jerk, I've just pretended that I lost the call before.

Comment

Working...
            X