Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customer angry that I did what he asked me to do??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer angry that I did what he asked me to do??

I feel like I am posting too much here
    What can I say - I take calls the entire day, and the majority of the people I spoke to and idiots, or rude, or crazy, or all of the above!
    I promise to cut back on the posts though

BG - as previously mentioned...call centre, health insurance industry

Just had this happen

This guy called asking where the money from his claim was, I tell him we posted him his cheque yesterday, so he just has to wait for it to arrive in his mailbox. He should have it in a day or two, he lives in a main city where the post is usually good. We have been going in circles for about 10 minutes at this stage...

SC - You've told me that you mailed this cheque yesterday afternoon, I shoudl have it by now! WHERE IS MY MONEY!

Me - Sir, as advised, we put your cheque in the mail yesterday afternoon. From there it goes to the post office this morning. They generally then dispatch that mail to your location within 1 or 2 working days, at the most. The cheque should be in your mailbox tomorrow or the day after, at the very latest, depending on when the post office next does a mail run to your area

SC - But WHY don't I have it now if you mailed it yesterday? it doesn't take weeks to send a cheque!

Me - No sir it doesn't. It takes a few working days. I've already explained the process, this is now in the hands of the post office, and you need to allow for their standard delivery times

SC - I'm sick of talking to you, you don't know anything, you're wasting my time

Me - I'm sorry to hear that sir, I'm simply providing you with the facts of the situation...

*interrupting me*

SC - Nonononono stop, just STOP talking. I don't want to talk to you anymore. NO MORE. This conversation is over. I want you to hang up. Seriously, just hang up the phone, this conversation is finished and I don't want to speak to you anymore

Me - Okay sir. Well thanks for calling, and you should receive that cheque in the mail in the coming days
    *CLICK*

A few minutes later I got called over by a colleague

Colleague - Hey Tilly, I've got this guy on the phone wanting to speak to a manager to complain, he says you just hung up on him?

I look at the policy, sure enough, it's this guy

Me - Yeah I just spoke to him a few minutes ago. He told me to hang up the phone, so I did what he asked

Colleague - Hahahahaha , oh THAT guy, we were just listening in on that call, it was hilarious! Yeah no worries Tilly, don't worry about it

Seriously, what did he expect me to do
    He says ok convo over, please hang up the phone
    So I should have said "Oh no, NO, no sir PLEASE no, I want to keep talking to yu! PLEASE! Let me redeeem myself! I've developed a deep and meaningful connection with you and if this call ends, my life as I know it will crumble around me. Please NOOOOOO stay on the phone with me, TALK to me sir, dont make me go!

He told you to hang up in the hopes you would get in trouble for it as many call centers do prohibit their employees from hanging up first/terminating the call.

Comment

Quoth tilly101 View Post
      Please don't. I enjoy reading your posts.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I'm enjoying the posts - And it's not like you can control the idiocy your customers are spouting.

He should know that his area isn't equipped with teleportation links between the post office and the mailbox. Those are scheduled to roll out in 2111 or so.

Comment

Quoth Draco View Post
          He told you to hang up in the hopes you would get in trouble for it as many call centers do prohibit their employees from hanging up first/terminating the call.
          There is so much self-ownage in that call. SC obviously didn't remember that nearly every call center conversation is recorded... which shows that Tilly responded properly to a client's request.

So in the span of two calls, SC proved himself to be an asshat, a whiner, a liar... AND got laughed at.

*basks in the rays of SC ownage*

Oh yea, keep posting your stories!!

Comment

Oh, definitely...more posts please!! Stories like yours are why we keep coming here

If someone asked me to hang up on him, I'd just do my usual closing spiel...ask if there is anything else I can do for the customer today, and if they say no or ignore me or repeat the "request" for me to hang up, I'd say thank you for calling High End Home Store and have a nice day....then wait. If I don't hear anything I say "is there anyone on the line?" and if they don't answer - which they probably won't - I get to say "Operator releasing due to no response" and hang up
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

"SC - Nonononono stop, just STOP talking. I don't want to talk to you anymore. NO MORE. This conversation is over. I want you to hang up. Seriously, just hang up the phone..."

*click*

But then he'd call back: "WHY DID YOU HANG UP ON ME!?!?!11!!!"

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                Please don't. I enjoy reading your posts.
                Seconded!
                "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

In most call centers, if you have been told by the other party to hang up...hang up...notate the account accordingly...laugh your ass off...and continue to the next call..

We have surveys that are available upon the conclusion of calls..caller either press #9 OR we release the call..we LOVE the #9ers..lets us KNOW we've a survey coming (those are USUALLY, but not always...good)

Comment

Quoth tilly101 View Post
                    I feel like I am posting too much here
                    What can I say - I take calls the entire day, and the majority of the people I spoke to and idiots, or rude, or crazy, or all of the above!
                    Don't you dare cut back on the posts.
                    They reassure me (in an unsettling way) that dealing with idiots in our industry is not localized to my company. Idiocy is global.

I've lost count of how many times I've had to explain that a calendar year starts in January and ends in December.

I have a specific script to explain that we won't pay for things that the policy does not cover

The list goes on, but it's Friday, and my brain is shutting down.
                    That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Working...
                    X