This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mad when i said no.

I just remembered a funny short story from a few months ago I'd thought I'd share.

I work in a chain of drug stores, most of the time i work the CSD. Every store has a slightly different layout and the things that are behind the CSD can vary from store to store, depending on management and "things that get stolen".

This lady comes in to return two water flosers.

She tells me that she bought these at another store and she realized when she got home that she had bought the display boxes.... which are empty. (The actual product is behind the desk at this other store.) She wanted to exchange them for the actual product.

She was returning EMPTY boxes she says she bought at another store at our store.

Of course I said that I couldn't do that because the boxes are empty and I told her she had to go back to the store she bought them from and talk to them.

She got all mad and asked "Why?!?!" with the old catbutt face.

I told her again that it was because the boxes are empty and that I would not be able to take empty boxes. I had to get my manager to explain the same thing to her.

She stormed out and said, " (name of CEO) is not going to be pleased when he hears this!!!"

Seriously, lady? The store you bought them from is only a 10 min drive away and I'm sure if you went and talked to them it wouldn't be such a big deal. Also namedropping the ceo doesn't really impress me.

How much do you want to bet her story has a few......um......white lies in it?

Comment

I find it hard to believe that she could pick up two empty boxes and not realize they were a bit lighter than one would assume.

Comment

Quoth Moosenogger View Post
        I find it hard to believe that she could pick up two empty boxes and not realize they were a bit lighter than one would assume.
        I'm betting if the other store was called they would report that the empty boxes had gone missing

Comment

While there are some serious flags for scamming in that story, my wife used to have an employee that would sell the empty game and item cases instead of the actual item. THREE TIMES he did this. He finally got canned after doing this with an item that was discontinued. The final one in the back room ended up getting sold to another customer later in the day without the box, so when the other customer called back righteously pissed, there wasn't another one to give him. My wife ended up having to transfer the item from another store at full cost to give to this guy for the clearance price.

Comment

Wow, so many holes in this story.

So as the story goes, she picked up a box she thought was containing a water flosser, which is something like this, which has to weigh at least 10 pounds if it was full, and a mere 10 ounces if it was empty. Hell, there was even a Seinfeld episode which included Elaine struggling to carry a big waterpick box in New York!

Then she took it to the clerk, who must have picked it up him/herself to scan it, so this weight discrepancy escaped not one, but two people at this point, not to mention unless that clerk was new, he/she probably knew all waterpick boxes on the shelves are display only.

Then she brought it home was surprised to find they were empty, and then thought it would be no problem to effectively sell these empty boxes for their full retail price (about $50).

...and she's angry that you didn't think that deal was fair. Well, hopefully she doesn't work in business. She'd have a hard time keeping afloat buying $50 empty boxes.
            Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
            Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
            Fiancee: What?!
            Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              I'm betting if the other store was called they would report that the empty boxes had gone missing
              I did call them after she stormed off to tell them about the lady and see if they did just have display boxes on the shelf. I can't remember if they told me they were gone or not.

Quoth Cai1987
              While there are some serious flags for scamming in that story, my wife used to have an employee that would sell the empty game and item cases instead of the actual item.
              Quoth thehuckster
              Then she took it to the clerk, who must have picked it up him/herself to scan it, so this weight discrepancy escaped not one, but two people at this point, not to mention unless that clerk was new, he/she probably knew all waterpick boxes on the shelves are display only.
              Yeah, I was thinking if she was going to be mad at anyone, it should be the person who scanned her items. And also herself, when I called the store to tell them about her, they said they had a whole bunch of signs saying the boxes were empty.

It was just an all very wtf moment.

Comment

Working...
              X