This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Need to Fill Out the Form If You're Spending Over a Certain Amount

Yesterday, a customer needed some money orders and the total amount she was spending required her to fill out a form. She didn't get why she needed to fill it out, claimed she never had to do it, and got angry when I called my service desk coworker to help out. She said that she was a physician and that she earn lots of money a week and did money orders all the time. My service desk coworker suggested having at least one of the money orders be a lower amount so she wouldn't have to fill out a form.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Everybody thinks that they are the exception to the rule...that's the second thing I learned working in retail that never seems to fail. Idiots. (The first thing I learned-Nobody reads the signs.)

And of course they have to try to claim that nobody else has ever asked them to do w/ever they don't want to do, in some attempt to make it seem like you don't know what you're doing or are somewhat incompetent. They don't seem to comprehend that YOU don't make up these rules as you go along just to piss them off.

People just make me sometimes.
    I'm sorry, but I've reached my maximum allowable exposure to stupidity limit for the day. I'll have to get back to you tomorrow.

Comment

Where I work that would still require the form because she is still going over the total allowed limit and doing the, make one order smaller and one another amount to stay under the limit is called structuring and you can get in big trouble for it.

Comment

Quoth Aislin View Post
        Where I work that would still require the form because she is still going over the total allowed limit and doing the, make one order smaller and one another amount to stay under the limit is called structuring and you can get in big trouble for it.
        Seriously. When I was a teller, it was impressed upon us that we could get in big trouble for helping customers structure transactions to avoid being reported. Heck, we were told we couldn't even tell them what the reporting threshold was, because that would help them avoid it.

Comment

One of my favourite replies to the old "Well X always does this for me!" is "Really, I'll be sure to mention that to my manager. And make sure X knows not to do that again".

Of course 9 times out of 10 X has never done "that" for them. And in the odd case it has happened, as a supervisor I usually just give the staff member named a friendly heads-up on company policy and why we do things a certain way.

Comment

I love it when they try "well the other staff member does it" here, & I trip them on who was on shift when they say they last did it... yeah, timestamps are a bitch.
            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
            X