This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why are these carts wet...??

everytime i think ive seen it all someone does/says something else stupid. we had two of our cart pushers quit yesterday so i was asked to do it for a hour or so (its raining alot today) i lost count of how many GROWN ADULTS came up to me and asked 'why are all these carts wet, or 'you dont have any dry ones out here?'. you freakin idiots its raining common sense would tell you that the carts are going to be wet.its gonna be a long day

Quoth x_ugh_x View Post
    you freakin idiots its raining common sense would tell you that the carts are going to be wet.
    Oh, well, there's your problem. People don't use their brains for thinking anymore, brains are just for keeping the skull from collapsing inwards. Once you accept that sense is never going to be as common as it once apparently was, you'll be much happier.

I have pumpkin pie, want some? I'm the only person in the house who will eat it and it's a really good pie that needs to be shared.
    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

"Why are the carts wet? Well, sir, there seems to be an awful lot of water falling out of the sky for some reason, and I just brought these in from outside, and I don't have a magic wand to wave over them with an Insta-Dry spell..."

Questions like that deserve super-sarcastic answers.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        "Why are the carts wet? Well, sir, there seems to be an awful lot of water falling out of the sky for some reason, and I just brought these in from outside, and I don't have a magic wand to wave over them with an Insta-Dry spell..."

Questions like that deserve super-sarcastic answers.
        They do and it's a shame how too many employees aren't allowed to give them! I mean, DUH, the carts are WET because people take them OUTSIDE where, in case you haven't noticed, you halfwit, IT'S RAINING. I presume, sir or madam, you will not be taking your cart outside and thus you will leave a nice dry cart for the next customer??

Comment

When a customer asks you why a shopping cart is wet during a rainstorm, would it be considered bad customer service to throw a confused look into the sky and then stare blankly at the customer? Maybe that would be an indirect way for it to "click" that they've just asked an immensely stupid question.

Comment

Back when I was a cart pusher (probably the BEST job at Mal Wart), the greeters would do what they could to wipe them off. I woudl help inbetween trips outside to collect more but people would still complain.

I heard about (and dont doubt) a customer that demanded the store manager to have a dome built over the parking lot.

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
              I heard about (and dont doubt) a customer that demanded the store manager to have a dome built over the parking lot.
              "Sure, we could do that, but we'd have to raise prices 1000% to cover the cost of it..."

I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Moosenogger
                When a customer asks you why a shopping cart is wet during a rainstorm, would it be considered bad customer service to throw a confused look into the sky and then stare blankly at the customer? Maybe that would be an indirect way for it to "click" that they've just asked an immensely stupid question.
                I've done it

Comment

"As luck would have it you happened to arrive right as our Super Delux Cart Cleaning Service got done sanitizing and shining our carts. The good news is your cart if clean and sanitary and I guarentee that you'll see more great sale items with this cart than any other!" *big, cheesy smile*

Comment

This isn't a "failure to see the suck", but I can kinda see the customers point of view. In some areas there may be just a bit of rain for 5-10 minutes, whereas the location they came from probably had no rain. I would think that the customer could put 2 and 2 together if they see darker cement which indicates recent rain, and wet carts, but this is reality and we all know that customers don't exist in that plane.

Comment

It's as if as soon they enter the store, their IQ & common semse practically cease to exist.

Comment

"Ooooh, those darn paper diapers, they leak soooo bad!"

Comment

Oh those people. I hated those people when i worked at WM., sometimes as I have posted I filled in for the stock men /cart pushers, and every day it was rainy or snowy, people would come in and kvetch about wet carts. These people seem to be the same ones who take their carts out, even though all they have is a bag of Doritos and a CD, and then leave the cart in the nether regions of our parking lot.

Comment

Quoth Grape The Cat View Post
                            even though all they have is a bag of Doritos and a CD, and then leave the cart in the nether regions of our parking lot.
                            I seriously think that the distance to the cart from the front door of the store is inversely proportional to the amount of stuff they buy. See below:

Cart full of groceries? First five-ten spots from the door.
                            Cart with one or two things? Spots 11-30
                            Cart for carrying their purse? Mars

Double the distance if it is raining. Triple if snowing.
                            Answers are easy...it is asking the right questions which is hard.

Comment

It's less irritating when they ask someone who hasn't been wrestling carts in the rain, yet they often ask the poor stockmen soaked to the bone.
                              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
                              X